Speculation on changes for Weagles

I know they say history never repeats, but we are set for a repeat of last year when we faced them about this time. Wonder what WOB is thinking now:thinking:

Big call really on him

Calf injury only just on edge of time to be possibly ok and into frenetic game against us

1 Like

Slightly too tall IMO. It’s either one of Brown or Francis to partner McKernan. With Laverne 3rd marking tall.

Begley stays.

Does anyone know who travelled assuming they already went? Did all of Stringer, Brown and Francis go?

True, if you never stand up for yourself, you keep getting kicked in the guts

Beating Carlton and a half baked Hawthorn side?

Im pumped. Def form line to roll these pretenders at home. Worst reigning Premiers ever.

1 Like

Both Kennedy and Darling were both sidelined when we played against the Eagles 12 months ago.

IMO, the key to this game will be:

Josh Kennedy v Michael Hurley
Jack Darling v Cale Hooker

1 Like

Ambrose will run with Darling

13 Likes

We go better when Wob is banned or in self-imposed exile from Blitz. He needs to be gone for good!

It was the beer pouring over the head last year the game we could not win.

The umpiring in that game was beyond even the Anzac day umpiring. There was no “verge” about it, it was blatant corruption.

3 Likes

Agree on that, Anzac Day doesn’t come close to that, almost soured a great win.

I’m sure I heard after that game they were to change the rules regarding home umpires in wa?? Peter Schwab maybe, due to the horrible ratio for free kicks awards to home sides in wa

Our firing fwd structure last year was

HF: Fantasia Brown TIPPA
F: Baguley Smack Stringer

Two genuine kpf’s + 1 med fwd/mid + 3smalls

They brought in LAV for Bags this season with view that he was able to pressure as much.

So it’s either one or the other, Begley 188cm or LAV 191cm. IMO Lav offering more with possessions, scoring chances, marks & pressure/tackling.

Begley was a passenger for us last week bar a few minute patch in last quarter.

Harsh.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any evidence they brought in Lav for Baguley in particular.

As a forward Francis doesn’t offer as much as Stringer at ground level so that’s why I’d be a bit suspect on going with all of Francis Brown and McKernan. You just don’t need all 3 when you have Laverde and even Begley who can play 3rd tall. Especially when it’s only really Tippa and Raz who are our ‘express’ pressure forwards right now.

1 Like

Stringer has an uncanny ability to make things happen out of net to nothing. Like Raz he is able to conjure a goal out of almost any situation, he only needs a split second to get a snap away.

Not only does Tippa create defensive pressure with chasing and tackling in the forward line, but his mere presence creates nervousness in defenders. Several times, defenders look to switch the ball across defence, see Tippa, stop, then go for the long kick down the line instead. That alone contributes to more opportunities to turn the ball over, but can’t even be counted as a pressure act.

2 Likes

So can a slow moving, high possession game. Watch the way Sydney picked them apart with really slow forward movement. They refused to kick forward unless their player was in wide open space, and simply maintained possession. And they killed them on the scoreboard.

1 Like

Ham? Snelling?

1 Like