Speculation on changes for Weagles

The age are reporting that Yeo is likely to miss the game. Rioli & Vardi out for suspension. Hurn expected to play.

2 Likes

Just noticed I’m tipping better than every analytic page listed on squiggle.

I’m not tipping us this week. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

There was media talk last week they may consider bringing Nit Nat straight in
Given Vardy is out any sources in Perth?

1 Like

l am here now, and have heard similar, but it is v doubtful. Okay by me if they do as Nic Nat has not match practice behind him and will be a rusty as an old rusty thing.

6 Likes

I’d be astounded if they brought him straight in off his 2nd successive knee reco off no match practice.

2 Likes

Can we get the jump on them with the Eagles coming off a rest?

1 Like

Did last year. Don’t expect the Eagles to be as abjectly terrible as last year though. Full rolled over last time.

The big games keep coming. We have a tough 5-6 week block which will make or break our season. If after it we can be ahead in the win-loss column we will have done reasonably well. You can’t overestimate how important Thursday night will be. We did them last year, that first term was some of the best footy I’ve seen us play over the last 4-5 years, and we will need to repeat the dose. Saady was outstanding, cut them to shreds time and again. The Eagles aren’t a quick team so we can get at them with our pace. Saad and McKenna will be crucial off half-back. McGrath as well because he can pick a gap and go. Stringer more than likely out is not ideal, but Browny should come in and give us a decent contest. McKernan and Laverde look due to have a big game sooner or later.

This is a season-defining match. Last year we got the job done but in hindsight the horse had bolted by that point and we had too much ground to make up in the race for the 8. Not so this year. Things are a lot more condensed, a win will mean we are only 1 game behind the Eagles with a superior percentage. It can really set us up with GWS (H), Swans (H), Roos and Crows (A) the next 4 after that. We will find out a lot about this team across this stretch.

6 Likes

if stringer is out, why not try Lav as the lead up player who gets mcgovern and bring in smith mk2 ?

Zero

No disrespect to McGovern who is a very good player, but like that flog Rance at Richmond he just gets lots of easy marks due to pressure on the opposition up the field. He, like Rance, does read the play well and is a good pack mark, but he does not have opposition much at all. If Franga could run with him, then his would not be as effective.

Um, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

9 Likes

Haven’t you read any of pazza’s posts before? He used to be our special friend, but now we just have so many special friends.

2 Likes

Because McGovern won’t honour those leads, he will allow Laverde to lead out, then zone off and intercept mark till the cows come home. Someone needs to make him accountable and contest, McNurnan looks like the most likely to do so.

Brown in for Stringer if he doesn’t get up. Begley stays in. Give him a solid block first. Remember he did have a year out. He creates contests and brings the ball to ground (resulted in 2-3 goals Friday.)

4 Likes

You might’ve missed the news. Pinchy was too busy doing other stuff to consider playing footy.

4 Likes

Probably, but that never stops you making comments.

No you really don’t. Carry on.

And yes , neither do you , but that is just the opinion of millions

This attempted witty response once again fails to demonstrate you have any idea what you’re talking about when it comes Jeremy McGovern. Care to go for strike three?

2 Likes