Speculation on changes vs Fremantle

We are different.
Jakey is a natural forward.
We tell him we will make him into a big body mid .
We get him into the club
Then we play him mostly forward.

Bucking the trend . Go figure.

Stringer is a good midfielder. should still be used in there for 5 mins a quarter.
But with our lack of Talls - stringer needed in the forwardline at present.
I would have even gone back to Bulldog days and played him out of the square last week with no Daniher.

I think Daniher and Dea should be the only changes. (out Clarke and Fantasia)
I would like to see the smaller Clarke given another go but that would mean dropping Myers and I cannot see the selectors doing this.

1 Like

D. Clarke for Myers is just a no brainer. Things need to change.

Smith permanent forward there to apply forward pressure, Darcy to play mid 90%.

The season is not over, and we obviously have to pick the best side to win these games.
But, we also have to look to the near future, if that is meant to be our challenging period, and ask is player X or Y going to be there in our best 22. We should start to make those decisions on players who fit that category and are not delivering and pick players who should be coming into that spot.

Parish is definitely a more inside than outside mid - but Clarke is even moreso. If Dlarke comes in, Parish will need to play in/out as he has been (and getting better at).

Mynott was impressive last game, and showed another string to his bow, I think. When he comes back, he will be in contention as a dangerous mid.

4 Likes

Life in general that, tell them what they want to hear and worry about it later. Managers and players are awake to that these days

yeah ■■■■ it i’m back on the NINA train

bring him back in to either ruck (OUT: Z CLARKE) or play back so Hooker can go forward

just fkn do something different ffs ffs

True. Could not be any worse than Myers and at least it will give him an opportunity to show what he brings to the table. Needs to stay in for three games at least.

1 Like

From what i’ve seen and heard, Clarke is only an inside player, he’s not much chop in other areas of the ground due to sketchy disposal by foot. So wouldn’t bringing him in further limit how much time Parish spends on ball? I really want to see Clarke have another crack but if Blitz thinks Parish has to spend time on ball then i would think move him into the guts and maybe play Begley forward instead of bringing Clarke in.

Lobb 207cm - but playing Ruck. Maybe if Forward Hooker goes back.
Taberner 199cm Hartley 198cm
Hogan 195cm Hurley 193cm
McCarthy 192cm Ambrose 193cm
Matera - McKenna
Walter - Saad
Colyer - McGRath on the wing.
Hartley may be required for Height

Goals YTD
Walters 14
Taberner 13
Matera 13
McCarthy 10
Hogan 7
Lobb 6
Fyfe 5
Colyer 5

I guess options if Hartley has recovered from Corky.
Hartley comes in Hooker forward - Francis or Ambrose out
Hartley to take the kick ins.
Worry is with Ambrose & hartley both in defence we lose some attack as they both are stoppers.
Heppell - Tag Fyfe Please or someone - tag him shouldnt be playing anyway.

I wouldnt bring D Clarke in - would just play Smith/Zaharakis/Parish more inside time with Myers midfield minutes.

Key changes

• Mosquito - Fantasia
  • Daniher - Clarke
  • Hartley - Francis (Hooker Forward)
  • Ridley - Guelfi
  • Baguley - Myers

B: Saad Hartley Hurley
HB: McKenna Ambrose Redman
C: McGrath Heppell Ham
HF: Baguley Daniher McDonald-Tipungwuti
F: Stringer Hooker Mosquito
R: Bellchambers Merrett parish
Int: Ridley Zaharakis Smith Shiel

Emg:Francis, Langford, Laverde

Could have kept Francis in instead of Ridley and play him as 7th defender

Jesus, if they can score that many, we’re well and truly ■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Thats their season tally to date

Oh - my mistake then.

1 Like

Clarke for Myers is literally the biggest no brainer. Wont happen though

3 Likes

Yeah that is the dilemma but maybe take Smith out of the midfield and send him forward as he is so out of form/injured and Parish can take his spot in there?

1 Like

That would probably be a good move until Fantasia is back.

I was at that game!

54 or 87?

Smith perma forward is an interesting suggestion. He’s definitely not having the impact he was last season in the middle - we could use him up forward.

More than anything we seem to lack a willingness to work and compete up forward. That’s why Baguley will and should be an inclusion, and potentially Smith could help set the standard.