Speculation on changes vs Fremantle

Changes we will get
In: Daniher + Baguley
Out: Francis + Ham

In Daniher, Mosquito, Zerk-Thatcher, Ridley
Out: CLarke, Myers, Guelfi (managed) Ambrose (managed)

B: Saad Hurley Zerk-Thatcher
HB: McKenna Francis Redman
C: Ham Parish McGrath
HF: Stringer Daniher McDonald-Tipingwuti
F: Fantasia Hooker Mosquito
R: Bellchambers Merrett Shiel
Int: Ridley Heppell Smith Zaharakis

Emg: Langford, Long, Laverde

Out - no game plan
In - a game plan

6 Likes

Clarke, Guelfi, Ham and Myers had particularly poor games and unlike others, don’t have the recent form to suggest they’ll improve. IN: Daniher, Begley and two of Langford, D. Clarke or Mynott.
Perplexed as to why McKenna would be dropped unless injured.

Agree with these, except l would have Baguley in, in place of Langford, who lacks defensive pressure.

2 Likes

No way we drop Walla
Put him on the backline - give him a bit of freedom to run get a few kicks and his belief back
try McKenna as a midfielder resting on the forward line- he will surprise in that role

4 Likes

In: whatever deal Collingwood has with the umps.
Out: Myers.

4 Likes

Out: Deadwood /Passengers /Coach favorites.
In: THE KIDS.

Remember to climb up the goal posts.

4 Likes

OUT: Mediocrity
IN: Fair Dinkum Effort

1 Like

Where do you get the stats for pressure acts?
I expect we will persevere with myers as the key defensive inside mid, because I don’t rate Langford or Clarke who are the 2 obvious alternatives. If the selectors decide to give Langford 5 games inside to see if he can elevate his game, then that would be ok.
But maybe the only player who can provide quality and real strength at the stoppages is Stringer, and he needs to transition to being a 75% inside mid.
As Brown, Stewart, Smack and Laverde become available, we can look at 2 of those with Joe, or Francis or Ridley to make up the talls on the forward line.
We will lose Stringer’s goalkicking but maybe gain some quality around the clearances.

2 Likes

The key is addressing our forward line, our midfield and backline are functioning reasonably well - many of the issues in these would be addressed by improved marking and pressure i50.

We had 10+ marks i50 in each of our wins, and haven’t hit that mark in our losing streak.

The obvious ins are Daniher/Baguley for Francis and Ham. Francis was really disappointing this last fortnight.

Langford put his hand up in the VFL more than any other and should replace Myers in the side, but hopefully taking Parish’s role.

1 Like

Out Myers, Ham, Clarke, Zaharakis, Guelfi,

Francis Ambrose Saad
McKenna Hurley Redman

Belly Shiel Merrett
Heppell McGrath Parish

Fantasia Hooker Begley
Stringer Daniher Walla

Smith Ridley Langford Mynott

1 Like

Who fkn cares… makes no difference to the listless / soulless entity this club has become. Shuffling of the deck chairs on the Titanic always ends the same way.

8 Likes

Think i’m a done with Langford for a while. I look forward to him coming in and then he’s just disappointing. Would rather they try DClarke or Mynott. Definitely want Begs back in! Very excited for his return.

Says user who voluntarily visits a fan forum and clicks on the changes v Freo thread.

11 Likes

I really want to see Hartley in the team.

1 Like

Are you gunning for draft picks we don’t have.

Ridley Ambrose Saad
Hooker Hurley Redman

Belly Shiel Merrett
Heppell McGrath McKenna

Fantasia Daniher Begley
Stringer Hartley Walla

Smith Parish Francis Mynott

The main problem I’d have with bringing in Mynott is that he’s injured.

9 Likes

Got to laugh at Mynott who is sore and couldn’t play yesterday. I’ve also seen Gown, who hardly touched it yesterday.

I think what we need is tall forwards. I’ve no idea who is closest to being fit out of Brown, Smack and Stewart but we need one of them to come up this week and join Daniher as inclusions.