Speculation on changes vs Suns (R19, 2019)

Iā€™m not done for the next game yet but I think Iā€™m GUMBING

Out: Hep, Hook
In: Lav, Zerk

1 Like

I donā€™t like this ā€œrest every playerā€ mentality. We should still treat Gold Coast with respect. If player need a rest then rest them. But still field the same team we would against any other side.

12 Likes

Agreed.

I do think Heppell and Hooker need the break though. That would allow them a 15 day break into Port, and weā€™ll have Fantasia with a 21 day break.

The other players - a 9 day break between now and Suns should be more than enough.

2 Likes

Out: Hooker, Hartley
In: Z. Clarke, Laverde

Great chance to manage sore players ahead of a magical (hopefully!!) 8 week period
Adelaide thumping Suns twice this year meant nothing when the acid was applied by Dons.
So respect Suns, win by whatever, manage sore players and fire up against Port and Bulldogs. Thatā€™s the bigger picture.
Hopefully play off against the Pies for a top 4 finish, with a relatively healthy list.
We have a real chance this year to win that elusive final we keep banging on about.
And maybe more!!

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t an appendix.

Clarke comes in

Hooker stays forward

No idea who goes out

Give raz another week off to rest

3 Likes

Out: Hooker (rest), Heppell (rest)
In: Clarke, Myers

Continue to rest Fantasia and Laverde. This is one of the few opportunities that weā€™ll have to rest players ahead of a run of winnable but important games (in particular, the Bulldogs and Collingwood). If we lose only one more game, we are virtually guaranteed a home final, which is critical to getting the finals-monkey off our back and then getting some vital finals experience into the team.

1 Like

The simplest one is to rest Hooker:

Brown/Smack/String fwd, Ambo/Hartley/Frang back.
Looks OK to me.

4 Likes

I donā€™t agree with resting players. Keep the best players in and maintain the momentum and team chemistry.

Zac Clarke must come inā€¦for Hartley most likely.

Hard to know who to drop for Lav though. Langford has been decent and contributes. Will be interesting if Raz is fit enough to play after the rest.

1 Like

Yep, giving Hooker a rest is an obvious change.

Heppell is more difficult. He has already missed games. What do they do? Continue to rest him and only play him in big games. Just keep playing him because while it hurts he isnā€™t getting better without surgery and he isnā€™t doing any further damage to it, or just send him for surgery now and be done with it.

1 Like

How do you think thatā€™ll work Pazza?
Drop two key defenders and replace them with a ruck and a midsized forward?

2 Likes

Vasectomy?

this.

but if Z Clarke still not right.

Debut zerk thatcher.

This comment has been severely underrated

1 Like

Why is it a difficult decision on Heppell. He got through ~15 games.
He does not need a rest after 1 game.

Heppell to rest his foot is obvious. Heā€™s not needed for this game. I wouldnā€™t bring Fanta back either.
Hooker Iā€™d only rest if he really needs it. Heā€™s so important to our structure whether forward or back.
Bring in Clarke if fit.
So in Clarke
Out Heppell

If Laverde comes in then Langford goes out.

1 Like

did you listen to him after the game said his foot was pretty sore.

makes sense to rest him. just get him to do cross training to keep fitness.

think we are managing the issue, trying to nurse him through the season, but once it goes he will probably need surgery.

IN: Front by 93 points at Q time.
OUT: Wussies who donā€™t want a % boost.

1 Like