Spring Carnival

Should probably be under the 'Spring Carival' thread as that rarely gets used anyway.

For what its worth I had a couple of bets last month which were Fawkner at $101 and Dear Demi at $31... hoping for a good barrier draw tomorrow.

You did well with Dear Demi. I expect it to run a big race.

Car park!! =\\

Should probably be under the 'Spring Carival' thread as that rarely gets used anyway.

For what its worth I had a couple of bets last month which were Fawkner at $101 and Dear Demi at $31... hoping for a good barrier draw tomorrow.

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

hawkspur coming out of 16 
and has the ability to run on , tho dear demi looks like it wants to be at least midfield +

glencam gold looks the likely leader ,(barrier 6 )  cant find many others that like to sit in front  ?

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

and has the ability to run on , tho dear demi looks like it wants to be at least midfield +

glencam gold looks the likely leader ,(barrier 6 )  cant find many others that like to sit in front  ?

Dear Demi will get back so will be fine as long as it gets cover. Glencadam gold is struggling a bit and will not be a factor. Silent Achiever is the one for me but its an even

I am about to find the $8.00 for Lucky Nine in the Manikato Stakes. A serious Gr 1 horse and would be less than $4.00 in HK.

Is that right that Waterhouse is starting Ashokan in the Cox Plate ? It can only be to set a genuine speed for Fiorente. 

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

Mr O'Ceirin should push forward from wide gate too

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

Dear Demi will get back so will be fine as long as it gets cover. Glencadam gold is struggling a bit and will not be a factor. Silent Achiever is the one for me but its an even

I am about to find the $8.00 for Lucky Nine in the Manikato Stakes. A serious Gr 1 horse and would be less than $4.00 in HK.

Is that right that Waterhouse is starting Ashokan in the Cox Plate ? It can only be to set a genuine speed for Fiorente. 

I'm on Samaready from when markets opened, took the $5 (which lasted about 30 minutes)... will have a saver on Lucky Nine on the day.... interesting that the trainer of Lucky Nine said he'll prob need the first up run and peak in the Patinack farm.

Re Ashokan havent read anything about that yet, doesn't surprise me. AJ will still win :)

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

Mr O'Ceirin should push forward from wide gate too

oasis bloom should sit on the pace as well

did anyone see any races from yesterday ?    was it a swoopers day or  where the front runners holding?

Car park!! =\\

doh !   

I'm on Samaready from when markets opened, took the $5 (which lasted about 30 minutes)... will have a saver on Lucky Nine on the day.... interesting that the trainer of Lucky Nine said he'll prob need the first up run and peak in the Patinack farm.

Re Ashokan havent read anything about that yet, doesn't surprise me. AJ will still win :)

Ashokan is a Gr 3 horse who struggles to run 1600. Anyway it probably won't get a run. Shinn to ride Fiorente in the Cox Plate. had to laugh because Rawiller was sacked  because he's not a Melbourne jockey. Certain that Shinn rides in Sydney.

5.00 is good value for samaready.

saturday Min 12 Max 27 Melbourne area
Sunny. Winds northerly 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

jockeys dropping off  left and right
oliver 12 meeting , nickolic 2 years , and Luke Currie stood down for a + test

final picks?

at the moment i put 20 e/w on mr oceirin  ( only cause if it wins after following it for for a lotta starts ill cry )

but stuck between 3 horses for the big bet , will watch track bias and punt it with a couple to go

good luck all anyways

I’ve followed Dear Demi forever and I think she’s got a real chance in this despite the wide draw. Got blocked out of the race last start and still finished well, she’ll run the distance no problem and if the pace is on she will sit back and fly home with her itsy bitsy weight…very excited about tomorrow!

My top 5 - Royal Descent - Jetaway - Hawkspur - Dandino - Fawkner.

going with Julienes e/w  in the cup off its run in the metropolitan

2 bets today so far

4th in race 5 avoid lightning and 3rd in race 6 galah 

! forms on the improve lol

I picked up an exotic somewhere.

Just hanging in, but then I haven’t been following it this year.

Fawkner! ■■■■ yeah!

dear demi backers  dang was a great ride to get inside the fence  close !

juliens trapped wide for the first 500 meters lol think i saw the jockey collect a hotdog on the way .

And ■■■■■■ Dear Demi bobbed me out of the tri.

Still, good day. :slight_smile:

FAWKNER @ $101!!!!!

What a great race. Dear Demi is such a lovely brave honest mare…I thought she had it for a sec…was so excited. very happy with third. Bank balance has been very nicely bolstered.

ok im gonna ask early ... what tickets you holding for the melb cup ? B)

ok im gonna ask early ... what tickets you holding for the melb cup ? B)

Seville @ $81 e/w

Voleuse De Coeurs $ 51 e/w
Sea Moon @ $37
Mount Athos @ $21