Squad for tomorrows game v Tigers

THURLOWSHOW

I know we want to get a good look at Thurlow before we potentially upgrade him, plus get him as much practice so we can bring him up to speed asap, but given that he's really our only real back-up ruckman I'm half inclined to wrap him in cotton wool.

It'd make a lot more sense to wrap Paddy in cotton wool. Bar match fitness, don't know what he's getting out of this game - whereas Thurlow needs as much exposure to good quality opponents as possible.

¿por qué no las dos cosas?

Having both makes much more sense as they both get some match practice. Ryder doesn't have to shoulder the entire load which he may have to do in the real stuff and if the monster is needed he's at least played in the structures of the seniors. 

is this a 6 interchange and 2 subs affair

I know we want to get a good look at Thurlow before we potentially upgrade him, plus get him as much practice so we can bring him up to speed asap, but given that he's really our only real back-up ruckman I'm half inclined to wrap him in cotton wool.

Would be the last player we should be wrapping in cotton wool for the same reasons you stated.

It seems obvious that Edwards won't be considered for round 1.  He's obviously fit enough if he played the VFL practice game and I would imagine that anyone they're considering for round 1 would have played at least one game in the firsts.

Considering the injuries/suspension we have, you'd think 1 or 2 of the following would be likely to get a game in round 1 seeing as they've played a fair bit of the pre-season games:

Ashby

Z Merrett

O'Brien

KAV!

Gleeson

Still no Edwards?

First player I was looking for, anyone know what is going on ?

Clearance hasn't come through.

The good news (if this hasn't been mentioned before, please ignore), is that the game will be live streamed, according to Richmond media release.

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18pt;">RICHMOND v ESSENDON PRACTICE MATCH</span></strong></p>
											<p><em><span style="font-size:8pt;">Thursday March 6, 2014</span></em></p>
											<p>
											Richmond will host Essendon in a practice match tomorrow, at Punt Road Oval, at the ME Bank Centre.<br>
											The match starts at 1pm, and is the first game to be played between Richmond and another VFL/AFL opposition at the venue since 1964.<br>
											The sold out game will be streamed live on&nbsp;<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://richmondfc.com.au/'>richmondfc.com.au</a>,&nbsp;<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://essendonfc.com.au/'>essendonfc.com.au</a>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://afl.com.au/'>afl.com.au</a>.<br>
											Proceeds of ticket sales will go to The Alannah and Madeline Foundation.<br>
											Media interested in covering the match are encouraged to contact Adrian Ceddia on 0414 357 857 or&nbsp;<span style="color:rgb(31,73,125);"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='mailto:[email protected]'>[email protected]</a>&nbsp;</span>to secure a position in the media area.&nbsp; Entry to the media area is via reception.<br>
											Both coaches will be available to media at the conclusion of the game.<br>
											There will be limited parking at the ME Bank Centre.&nbsp; Extra parking is available in Yarra Park, via gate 7, off Brunton Avenue ($10 per vehicle).</p>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

Would be the last player we should be wrapping in cotton wool for the same reasons you stated.
Thurlow is such a beast they wrap him in barbed wire.

fark Richmond.

So what youre saying is...........

Zerrett must be looking good for a round 1 game. This will be all 3 practice games that he has played and that is usually a good indicator for 'rookies' playing early in the season.

RICHMOND v ESSENDON PRACTICE MATCH

Thursday March 6, 2014

Media interested in covering the match are encouraged to contact Adrian Ceddia on 0414 357 857 or [email protected] to secure a position in the media area.  Entry to the media area is via reception.
Both coaches will be available to media at the conclusion of the game.

Hmm. Interesting...

*fires up photoshop/laminator*

Notable absences: Dell, Stein 

Not really a surprise. This is basically a rehearsal for round 1 and Hardingham would be ahead of Steinberg and Dell is a rookie.

Still no Edwards?

First player I was looking for, anyone know what is going on ?
Clearance hasn't come through.

Notoriously hard to deal with!

It seems obvious that Edwards won't be considered for round 1.  He's obviously fit enough if he played the VFL practice game and I would imagine that anyone they're considering for round 1 would have played at least one game in the firsts.

Considering the injuries/suspension we have, you'd think 1 or 2 of the following would be likely to get a game in round 1 seeing as they've played a fair bit of the pre-season games:

Ashby

Z Merrett

O'Brien

KAV!

Gleeson

NOB or Zerrett you would like get the nod out of those.

I think Gleeson has massive talent hes just not......... massive...

Reckon Thurlow is winning the race for a rookie upgrade (if we choose to make one at all). Good to see Ashby, Zerrett and Gleeson getting another opportunity, though it would’ve been nice to get a look at Edwards.

Solid team overall, despite missing some our better line-breakers in Dempsey, Winderlich and Hibberd. Who are Richmond missing from their best side…?

Hurley must be carrying something following the training report and his resting for this game.  Let's just hope it's not something he'll carry for the season.

Noticeable absence is Stein, I'd say this is the forward attack we'll carry into round one (with Winder replacing Ambrose) and keep a rookie upgrade spot open for Stein should we need it.

Would like to have seen Edwards after all I've read, but I guess he's not there yet. 

Richmond team looks close to full strength (minus only their no. 1 ruckman?) so it should be a good challenge. 

As reported at training yesterday Hurley was testing his ankle although he said it was fine it may just be precautionary.

Needs more edwards, seriously what’s up with not playing him…

So Adrian Ceddia is the shithouse version of JROD?

Also don't forget that Shaun Edwards is draft class of 2011. So he is in Kav, Jackson, OBrien's year. Yes we want those aged guys to step up but just from looking at him/the gist I got when we drafted him was that he was 4th or 5th year and a bit more ready made. He is still developing.

Notable absences: Dell, Stein

get used to it.
If Steinberg can get a game in 2014 then let's just set our hopes for 2015 season.