#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Didn't see him in the photo at the launch - anyone who went see him there?

chris64 said he was unwell in another thread. maybe ill?

Hoping he's not a bust.

Heā€™s not.

https://youtu.be/OOLUvTVksdU

That goal was special.

Hoping he gets over his injuries hanging to see him rip the comp a newy,

Why wasnā€™t he even mentioned in the jumper presentation?? Myers wasnt there but at least they mentioned himā€¦

Weirdā€¦

Didn't see him in the photo at the launch - anyone who went see him there?

chris64 said he was unwell in another thread. maybe ill?

There were 3 apologies, Myers, with finger in a splint. Bobcat with family commitment and Francis sick/unwell. Thats all they said.

Is this kid going to play a pre-season game?

With 2 weeks between game 2 and 3 you'd have to think so... otherwise they're not telling us something

Heā€™s turning out to be a bit of a bust atm.
Hope things start changing soon.

He's turning out to be a bit of a bust atm. Hope things start changing soon.

This canā€™t be serious? Has just finished his first season of professional football and has shown everyone he has unbelievable potential, top 3 on list potential and you suggest heā€™s turning out to be a bit of a bust? How impatient are some of us fans FFS.

Does it matter? Heā€™s no chance for early round games anyway.

This canā€™t be serious? Has just finished his first season of professional football and has shown everyone he has unbelievable potential, top 3 on list potential and you suggest heā€™s turning out to be a bit of a bust? How impatient are some of us fans FFS.

Rule number 1 of blitz. Never have a opinion or criticise anyone, ever

Hoping he and Laverde can get fit. Both will be walk up starts to our senior list with some games under their belt.

Iā€™m all for ā€œcalling it earlyā€ on a constantly injured player but we arenā€™t even through his rookie contract yet. Also he was drafted knowing that he was going to take at least 2 years to get the required level of fitness to play his role.

Maybe just keep the powder dry for a least another 6 months.

So rule No 2 must be, ā€œNever express an opposite opinion, or defend anyone who you deem to be unfairly criticisedā€?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what the worry is just yet,

He showed good signs in his first season, has really put in to rectify his deficiencies over the off season, he still has a way to go. I say at best you can call him ā€˜jury still outā€™ but any call of a bust is by far a speculative guess.

If you think that, good luck because I think there will be plenty ready to let you know it if you are wrong the bandwagon on Francis is pretty full.

I donā€™t think it unreasonable to be disappointed that Francis is unable to present himself in shape to be an AFL footballer.

But it is what it is and now we need to be patient and itā€™ll prob take another 3-4 years before he is able to consistently display his wares rather than glimpses. I get the feeling he will be one of those two steps forward, one backwards as he will inevitably suffer niggles due to his condition.

Easy for me to say though - Iā€™d kill to have his rig (minus the ginger bits)

I don't think it unreasonable to be disappointed that Francis is unable to present himself in shape to be an AFL footballer.

But it is what it is and now we need to be patient and itā€™ll prob take another 3-4 years before he is able to consistently display his wares rather than glimpses. I get the feeling he will be one of those two steps forward, one backwards as he will inevitably suffer niggles due to his condition.

He looks like to have an AFL footballers shape to me, and anyone who hasnā€™t seen the transformation from last year to this year in his body needs glasses.

We are so used to players like heppell and parish and zerrett playing from year 1 and never missing a game that we have become impatient now.

Daniher only played 6 or so games in his debut season, Francis isnā€™t that far off, heā€™s big heā€™s strong and he will take time. I would reserve any dissapointment or judgement until at least end of his second season.

I don't think it unreasonable to be disappointed that Francis is unable to present himself in shape to be an AFL footballer.

He looks like to have an AFL footballers shape to me, and anyone who hasnā€™t seen the transformation from last year to this year in his body needs glasses.

We are so used to players like heppell and parish and zerrett playing from year 1 and never missing a game that we have become impatient now.

Daniher only played 6 or so games in his debut season, Francis isnā€™t that far off, heā€™s big heā€™s strong and he will take time. I would reserve any dissapointment or judgement until at least end of his second season.

Yep.

Carlisles transition took a lot of time as well.

KPP take longer.

To be clear, I am not concerned that he hasnā€™t played much senior footy. Any games he plays in the first year or two great.
And he has trimmed down - youā€™d just like to think that he wouldnt have had to have done that. It just makes it harder for him and puts him behind where he should be, and I suspect we might be frustrated in the next couple of years as he picks up niggling injuries as his body adapts.
Iā€™d hate for him to be a Rioli or cupido who had all the talent but couldnā€™t get their bodies right - to Frangas credit, he seems to want to put in the work to get proper match fit.

1 Like
To be clear, I am not concerned that he hasn't played much senior footy. Any games he plays in the first year or two great. And he has trimmed down - you'd just like to think that he wouldnt have had to have done that. It just makes it harder for him and puts him behind where he should be, and I suspect we might be frustrated in the next couple of years as he picks up niggling injuries as his body adapts. I'd hate for him to be a Rioli or cupido who had all the talent but couldn't get their bodies right - to Frangas credit, he seems to want to put in the work to get proper match fit.

I personally think Franga is doing an admirable job of trying to cope with the dreaded ā€œcurse of the #6 draft pickā€.

1 Like

Rule number 1 of blitz. Never have a opinion or criticise anyone, ever

I reckon thatā€™s fkn dumb thing to say.

1 Like