St Essington's Day - 25 August 2023

WTF was he thinking ???

Probably the most Essington kick of all time.

Didn’t he con the umpire to even get the kick? Memory is kinda blurred.

Cupido got a free for deliberate, then passed to Zantuck.

WTF was he thinking ???

I remember him conning the umpire into giving him a free kick when we kicked it OOBOTF against Freo once at Docklands one year.

Double post.

Essington!

WTF was he thinking ???

What about when crameri absolutely shanked a kick vs freo and it falls in hurleys lap like 20 from goal, the ball travelled like 10 metres toward and 15 right of where he was aiming. Hurley then got the goal but I think its an iconic play for when St Essington’s Day has come and we pull some ■■■■ out of our ■■■■ like destroying a saint kilda going on a huge run for the flag.

or was it hurley to cramers? idk too traumatised.

WTF was he thinking ???

I reckon everyone remembers where they were when they watched that brain exploding attempt at goal.

■■■■■■ Football Park. That place was the fkng nightmare catcher.

Have I seen some hidings there…

WTF was he thinking ???

I reckon everyone remembers where they were when they watched that brain exploding attempt at goal.

■■■■■■ Football Park. That place was the fkng nightmare catcher.

So many memories

WTF was he thinking ???

WTF was he thinking ???

HAPPY ST ESSINGTON'S DAY EVERYBODY!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Straight sash?

And here’s the actual finishing academy for all players partaking in the Essington Way (turns out our NT zone is in fact Darwin):

[note the significance of the motto: To Strive (to hit up a team mate by foot) To Seek (your opponent after you fail to do so) To Find (he is already lining up for goal from the goal square)]

2 Likes

Not far from the truth actually. For those playing at home don’t use a plastic shot glass if you want a flaming black sambuca shot.

1 Like

Tim Membrey.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

We should drop the “happy” part at the start. Just announce that it is here.

“What’s today, my fine fellow?” said Woosha.

“To-day?” replied Brent Stanton, who wasn’t even playing. “Why, it’s st essingtons day”

“St essingtons day!” said Woosha to himself. “I haven 't missed it. The players have done it all in one night. They can do anything they like. Of course they can. Of course they can. Hello, number one draft pick!”