St Essington's Day - 25 August 2023

Looking at the ladder predictor I have us winning no more games. Fark Carlton and the Suns should win 1 game each to leapfrog us. Freo need 2 wins which I doubt they get so I’m thinking we finish 13th

If we’re not gonna play finals then we may as well finish as low as possible. Even in this cluster fark of a draft year.

I’ve done the ladder predicter and we should grab pick 7.

Unfortunately the draw against GC is going to turn into a meaningless piece of ■■■■ that will cost us a lower pick.

And because of that, you just know that the best mid in the draft, will go the pick before ours.

7 Likes

All good we will get the best flanker likely to become a mid though.

1 Like

“He can find the ball… Gotta do a bit of work on his kicking, though.”

4 Likes

I would almost rather us take the best kick in the draft. Ridley stands out so much for his ability to actually kick the ball well.

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry

If I had a kid the day that Essendon last won a final it could legally sit its Learner driving test tomorrow.

Ha, I had a kid a few weeks after the 2000 granny. He’s taller than me now.

3 Likes

The action this year will be trades and the PSD right?

Reduction in list sizes, lots of players looking for a life line.

For a long time all I have heard is the best talent is academy tied.

If only this was ever based on form, not just “Well mathematically we still are not total ■■■■”.

2 Likes

Worse, it will be the pick after ours, which will be someone who interviews well. And (if a KP player) will be perennially injured, or (if not) a light bodied flanker who could move to the midfield.

2 Likes

Only SuperSonic can officially call St Essington day.

1 Like

We need Melbourne, Stkilda and GWS to struggle.

Ideally all of them.

And we have to just win.

Had a play around with a ladder predictor earlier today.

Couldn’t find a way in with 0 or 1 wins. Has to be 2 minimum.

-edit- so unless there’s a scenario I’ve missed the earliest St Essington Day can be this year is Sept 12th

Trouble is that GWS play Melb and StK in the last two rounds. So one struggling means the other succeeds :frowning:

You guys think St Essington day is bad wait until St Fark Carltankington day is upon us!

Happy St Essingtons day all. Who knew we could go this deep in September.

7 Likes

It’s official. Happy st Essington’s day all

2 Likes

its not official yet

we all want to celebrate, but you must be patient

6 Likes