St Essington's Day - 25 August 2023

Who was the collingwood bloke who one the anzac medal? His only good game. And we generally produce a St Essington day special anzac day.

^Mark McGough, 2002.

I like that better than what I thought it was initially.

When I think St Essington’s Day I think Tyrone Vickery. If you had to give an award to one man up to this point I feel like Vickery would be it. Not so much for this season but for the day in general.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

I vote for Darren Bennett

When I think St Essington’s Day I think Tyrone Vickery. If you had to give an award to one man up to this point I feel like Vickery would be it. Not so much for this season but for the day in general.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

I vote for Darren Bennett

Let off some steam, Bennett.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

Or even Dean Polo.

Didn’t we manage to make him look like Paddy Dangerfield one year during a Dreamtime game?

Never heard of again after that.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

Or even Dean Polo.

Didn’t we manage to make him look like Paddy Dangerfield one year during a Dreamtime game?

Polo for mine. 28 disposals, 3 goals. Highest ever disposal count, only time he ever kicked multiple goals.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

Or even Dean Polo.

Polo for mine. 28 disposals, 3 goals. Highest ever disposal count, only time he ever kicked multiple goals.

Should be “The Maxwell Smart Medal” acheived by the best player in a calendar year to best personify Essington day in culture, spirit of the game, ability and affect on the given outcome for the match.

Expressions of interest?

The “Essington To The Max” Award. ??

Was that the 97ish trainwreck that was that bad ch7 actually stopped the live telecast into victoria and started playing re runs of Get Smart (or something) instead.

They cut it off and crossed to the Adelaide v North game at football park if I remember correctly. Can’t remember it happening ever before or after.

My old man rang channel 7 and complained, dunno why the fk for we were only losing by 20 goals.

I know we were losing, but I was still furious that they took our game off.
Thanks to for reminding me guys.

Really an odd decision when you think about it. They get all the footy fans to turn off, and surely pre-internet no one will find out that Get Smart is playing and flock to it? Maybe they shouldn’t have been playing it to begin with?

If it was Get Smart, I probably wouldn’t have minded (I like Get Smart), but as someone else mentioned, they switched to the Crows v North game.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

Or even Dean Polo.

It was his first game IIRC.

Craig star ceviche would kill us, and be Jo average the rest of the time

Start getting the gifs ready boys & girls.

■■■■ should provide plenty St Essington material today

His OOF from a set shot was as bad as any already shown in this thread. Then followed up with a behind from another set shot.

Add Mitch brown to this.

1 Like

■■■■ is Essington day material.where the fnk is bird?

Must be named the essington hanger

Get the essendon to Essington autocorrect going for rest of season

Today might be a contender.

Suck balls Essendon hahahaha