St Essington's Day - 25 August 2023

I would have given the weekly Essington award to Will Hams' effort on the wing.

Hey, he’s just a little kid, pick on someone your own size.

I felt for him in that piece of play. I don’t think he did a hell of a lot wrong. Sure he could have one grabbed the ball and motored past his man and banged one in from 60 but as I said in the match thread, that ball bounced a ridiculous amount of times along at ankle height without sitting up. I was actually watching it, knowing exactly what he was waiting for, and waiting myself, and it just never happened…

I did laugh when it happened, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt based on what probably was a bad bounce.

I did laugh when it happened, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt based on what probably was a bad bounce.

You are being generous

Bounces went Adelaide way all night, even for goals, but our bounces were like Essington way.

I felt for him in that piece of play. I don’t think he did a hell of a lot wrong. Sure he could have one grabbed the ball and motored past his man and banged one in from 60 but as I said in the match thread, that ball bounced a ridiculous amount of times along at ankle height without sitting up. I was actually watching it, knowing exactly what he was waiting for, and waiting myself, and it just never happened…

I agree in a way, but also felt he should have just picked the ball up instead of waiting for a good bounce.

You are being generous

There was his excellent pass to a crows player in the middle that was vintage Essington. Can’t remember the quarter though.

You are being generous

There was his excellent pass to a crows player in the middle that was vintage Essington. Can’t remember the quarter though.

not thinking of gleeson’s at the end of the first which bounced in the middle of 3 essendon players only to go to thompson who bombed it long for hartley and dea to spoil each other while eddie waited down. only essington could have created a goal scoring opportunity for the crows from that situation

it is actually between 4 efc players, incredible bounce

You are being generous

not thinking of gleeson’s at the end of the first which bounced in the middle of 3 essendon players only to go to thompson who bombed it long for hartley and dea to spoil each other while eddie waited down. only essington could have created a goal scoring opportunity for the crows from that situation

Surely it wasn’t Hams one where he walks off his mark and then drills it 20m to an Adelaide player. Sloane I think.

Must have been a few St Essington Day contenders from the weekend past.

Sadly, Darcy has to get a run this week. That handball in the middle of the ground was perfect Essington.

Happy wooden spoon day essingtonians!

Nah, today is when Essington fans celebrate Fark Carlton day.

Wooden spoon day can wait.

Happy wooden spoon day essingtonians!

Still a ‘MATHEMATICAL’ possibility that we don’t get it.

Inspired by the spirit of St Essington it appears I am overly eager to celebrate our misfortune. Until next week then.

GIF ME

That effort could definately win him another brownlow!

The mitch brown shot at goal deserves a run too @Mendozaaaa

-#44 "$20 Browny stuffs this one up" -#30 "You're on" (touch fists)

Guess that fat kids still eating pie, laughing his fat guts up!

1 Like
Straight after that happened, Mrs Peos turned to me and said "What happened to Dempsey, didn't he used to be good?"

Yes. Yes he did.

Back in the day when he had no beared or pony tail whateva looking bobby-headed thingy he has going on.

We’re a chance to win today… Mendozaaaa get ready for more gifs I’m expecting a St Essington day special.