St Essington's Day - 25 August 2023

Also it is vfl but a couple of weeks ago Edwards played on when 10 meters out by hand balling into the man on the mark. Deserves the Essington treatment.

Did you see his jump a metre and a half in the air goosestepping them get tackled?

Bahahaha, I can’t have otherwise I’d remember

knights!!!

Looney just entered the annals of st essington folklore

I like how he kicks the ball away after the fact when it would have been easier to kick it through the goals.

Why didn’t he hold onto it and slide in for a try!

Jamar’s awesome miss is worthy of a St. Essington day moment.

WTF was he thinking ???

He’s just full on awesome.

That's the stuff. Who would have thought not through the sticks or behind but get it right up the top the point post for a massive out of bounds on a full, great stuff!
A song for Essington

Oh Essington Day
Oh Essington Day
Our hallowed club pi$s taking day
We’ll play ■■■■ backs
Won’t drop our eyes
Kick to a chf that’s undersized
Oh Essington Day
Oh Essington Day
May everyone heap ■■■■ on thee

When we mark the ball
In our forward half
We then play on
Shanking the kick for a laugh
Oh Essington day
Oh Essington day
May everyone heap ■■■■ on thee

im going to challenge 2012.

The day after Casboult sunk one from 60m on the boundary to put them 90 points up was Essington day.

That was probably the beginning of the end.

The St kilda loss was the beginning of the end in 2012.

That loss made completely no sense at all, it came out of Fkn no where how badly we lost by.

St Kilda were sh-t and we had just come off belting an equally sh-t team in the dogs the week before by atleast 12 goals and we come out and lose by 12 goals!

You can blame me for that. Mrs Azza took me down to see the game for my birthday, and I jinxed us.

My record watching the Bombers in person is not good…

My records worse than yours
4 wins in 13 games from 1992 to present.
Worst defeat was at the hands of the shockers at Subiaco back in the day.

Was that the 97ish trainwreck that was that bad ch7 actually stopped the live telecast into victoria and started playing re runs of Get Smart (or something) instead.

Do we need to have a St Essington’s Day Medal to honour the “Years Most Superstar Performance by the Biggest Spud”? There’s candidates every year.

Do we need to have a St Essington's Day Medal to honour the "Years Most Superstar Performance by the Biggest Spud"? There's candidates every year.

I vote we name the medal after Adam McPhee. Might sound harsh but for me he encapsulates the spirit of St. Essington more than any other player.

The time period.
The questionable decision making.
Going from superstar to LOLwat in the blink of an eye.
And, most importantly of all, the HOPE that truly makes St.Essington special. The dream that one day, when it all clicks, despite years of evidence to the contrary, our players will turn into superstars.

Bit harsh to single out a single player with an award. Essington is a team thing.

Bit harsh to single out a single player with an award. Essington is a team thing.

I actually meant that for opposition players. As in, best performance vs Essington.

Do we need to have a St Essington's Day Medal to honour the "Years Most Superstar Performance by the Biggest Spud"? There's candidates every year.

I vote we name the medal after Adam McPhee. Might sound harsh but for me he encapsulates the spirit of St. Essington more than any other player.

The time period.
The questionable decision making.
Going from superstar to LOLwat in the blink of an eye.
And, most importantly of all, the HOPE that truly makes St.Essington special. The dream that one day, when it all clicks, despite years of evidence to the contrary, our players will turn into superstars.

Nope… that Rshole should not have the award named after him. Even an award as rubbish as that one is too good for him.

I like that better than what I thought it was initially.

When I think St Essington’s Day I think Tyrone Vickery. If you had to give an award to one man up to this point I feel like Vickery would be it. Not so much for this season but for the day in general.

surely its hayden skipworth, personifies Essington.

Was that the 97ish trainwreck that was that bad ch7 actually stopped the live telecast into victoria and started playing re runs of Get Smart (or something) instead.

They cut it off and crossed to the Adelaide v North game at football park if I remember correctly. Can’t remember it happening ever before or after.

My old man rang channel 7 and complained, dunno why the fk for we were only losing by 20 goals.

They cut it off and crossed to the Adelaide v North game at football park if I remember correctly. Can’t remember it happening ever before or after.

My old man rang channel 7 and complained, dunno why the fk for we were only losing by 20 goals.

I know we were losing, but I was still furious that they took our game off.
Thanks to for reminding me guys.

I like that better than what I thought it was initially.

When I think St Essington’s Day I think Tyrone Vickery. If you had to give an award to one man up to this point I feel like Vickery would be it. Not so much for this season but for the day in general.

Got to be Kent Kingsley.

I know we were losing, but I was still furious that they took our game off.
Thanks to for reminding me guys.

Really an odd decision when you think about it. They get all the footy fans to turn off, and surely pre-internet no one will find out that Get Smart is playing and flock to it? Maybe they shouldn’t have been playing it to begin with?