Stadium Deals

Hey folks I have zero knowledge in relation our stadium deal with Etihad. I do believe that we were one of the first to sign on the dotted line upon inception therefore had a better piece of the pie than other clubs. With the$300 million AFL proposal for the precinct redevelopment where do we stand as a club? I always go to our home games however see many games at the G due to my unfortunate mate-ship with my die hard Richmond supporter mates. (despite our recent history of non success i have taken comfort in watching Richmond fail over and over). When does our stadium deal end? and do you guys think that a move to the MCG would be beneficial? I know we have the MCG training sized oval now at the TVSC but would a move to the hallowed turf be beneficial and on the cards?

Your avatar looks like the flag of Islamic State.

yes, and what are your intentions towards Etihad Stadium?

We were first to sign with Colonial stadium as it was known at the time and were guaranteed to always have the best deal. Deal runs until 2025 for us to pls 7 home games there a season.

Now with the AFL taking over ownership of the stadium, I’ve got no idea what that means for our deal. But I suspect given how we get crowds into the place they won’t be open to letting us move any time soon even if we wanted.

I just assumed that the AFL would tear up the previous agreements and that the idea of ‘home ground’ won’t exist. You’ll just be scheduled to play at which ever ground your fixtured to play at.

They’ll be looking for maximum revenue.

We were first to sign with Colonial stadium as it was known at the time and were guaranteed to always have the best deal. Deal runs until 2025 for us to pls 7 home games there a season.

Now with the AFL taking over ownership of the stadium, I’ve got no idea what that means for our deal. But I suspect given how we get crowds into the place they won’t be open to letting us move any time soon even if we wanted.

Without us the place would be rooted.

That’s far from ideal.

yes, and what are your intentions towards Etihad Stadium?

Whatever you do, don’t call it Jihad Stadium, we don’t want BB getting into trouble over that.