Stan Grants speech on racism

Amazing and poignant heading into Australia/Invasion day

is he related to Hislop

I take it you didn’t intentionally put “Stab” Grant in the title …

…or is there an in joke I’m unaware of?

I take it you didn't intentionally put "Stab" Grant in the title ..

…or is there an in joke I’m unaware of?

No, typo

Shouldn’t have been so glib. Stan and Tracey do good things.

Suggest that some of the media criticism of Holmes interview with Hird was because of the Stan and Tracey relationship.

Great post, Benfti!

Suggest that some of the media criticism of Holmes interview with Hird was because of the Stan and Tracey relationship.

She was going to get caned no matter what.

People never like things that challenge their pre conceptions

There are, of course, other reasons why people don’t like things.

There are, of course, other reasons why people don’t like things.

Fu hippie

Read a few online complaints about it. Can’t understand how anyone can disagree with it though.

She was going to get caned no matter what.

Gotta remember that Stan Grant was married to an aboriginal woman Karla Grant and had kids before he left for Tracey - From memory, Stan and Trace lost their gig on Channel 7 because of the media’s constant criticism of their new relationship - Stan and Tracey then moved to HK and other parts of Asia for a number of years.

Thanks for posting, actually ended up watching the whole debate. The question, of where to from here? History has shown the treatment towards our Indigenous has been abhorrent - but where to from here? Leadership has to be shown to navigate this country forward and that needs to be driven by the people. If we sit on our hands waiting for leadership from our elected leaders we will go no where.

Great debate, as always you have some refreshing views that challenge the way you think and of course views that you simply cannot reconcile with.

I watched it this afternoon. Its the best and most accessible speech on racism in Australia that I’ve ever seen.

The fact that apparently he did it entirely without any notes is mind-blowing.

I’m not entirely sure what Stan is wanting us to do.
Should indigenous people not go to jail if they commit a crime because they are over represented in prison?

The whole speech is the standard annual whinge-fest with not one solution proposed.

I'm not entirely sure what Stan is wanting us to do. Should indigenous people not go to jail if they commit a crime because they are over represented in prison?

The whole speech is the standard annual whinge-fest with not one solution proposed.

Thanks for that Tony Andrews-Abetz

I'm not entirely sure what Stan is wanting us to do. Should indigenous people not go to jail if they commit a crime because they are over represented in prison?

Thanks for clearing that up DT

Thanks for clearing that up DT

Thanks for that Tony Andrews-Abetz

Why it’s not worth trying to argue on the internet.

Just to point out, this is not a standard annual whinge-fest from Stan, this was not even part of Australia Day issues, the video is months old. Others have dragged it into AD which messes it up a bit.

On it’s own it is brilliant and insightful. I also do not think it is meant to supply answers, it is directed at opening the conversation more deeply.

So I encourage you Trip to put away the standard annual cynicism and approach the subject with openness and honesty.