Stand by Hird and the players again

you had a point ? other than to post in reply of something i said other than to show your displeasure that i simply posted something, and that you don’t like it or me in general ?

you had a point ? other than to post in reply of something i said other than to show your displeasure that i simply posted something, and that you don't like it or me in general ?

It’s not displeasure, it’s recognition that you can’t see that a simplistic response is not the solution. I know that agendas don’t come before the club, etc. I think most people understand that. But the fact that you think this is just about agendas means - to me at least - that you can’t see the difference between something being simple, simplistic, difficult or incredibly complex. We’ve got problems - I’ve got some questions with Hird’s coaching personally - but reverting to the “one guy is no bigger than blah blah” is simplistic. Which is to say, there’s no real thought behind it, or if there is some thought behind it, there’s no thought behind its expression because its a ■■■■■■■ empty cliche. And it’s one that has been used over and over, if not by you, by every pundit who can’t be bothered doing any more than repeating cliches as if they are some profound revelation. That’s what I’m saying. If you want to revert to cliches, fine, but don’t expect a ■■■■■■■ medal. Some of us already take that element of the argument into consideration before we start. That’s my point.

(Edit: I also know that we both love the club and are hurting, so… yeah.)

if you have your best ten player sitting in the strand, you don;t have much to pick from

I am fatigued. I want to protest in a way that needs no energy expended.

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

Tomorrow’s crowd will give them some sort of message.

Reckon we will get about 25k at the game tomorrow.

who do you wish to show strength in first and foremost ? Kevin Sheedy ? James Hird ? the EFC ?

I throw in Sheedy cos it’s the exact same mentality people ran with around the time he was proven to not be up to it anymore.

Any move going forward should be made in the best interests of the Essendon football club, not the james Hird appreciation fanclub.
(granted if the EFC decide it’s in their best interest to continue with Hird as Coach so be it, but some people seriously need to get their priorities straight on how or what they actually stand for, do you stand for one man above the club, or the club itself ?)

We heard you the first 80 jillion times. And it’s still a simplistic argument.

considering it’s the first time i’ve said this it’s interesting how you’ve heard it so many times before, maybe it’s you who’s said it to yourself ?

And it is a simplistic arguement, cos the problem is a simplistic one. EFC interests should always come first, not individual peoples agendas.

Here’s the thing dkp. Somebody started a thread asking how we can go about showing our support for the coach and players, who are still being hammered out there in the footy media and the wider footy public. Great. But you come along with your “what, we should support Sheedy?” comment and your general denigration of what you call the “James Hird fanclub”.

Are there not enough places on the web, and even in this fan forum, to post your negativity? What about one of wob’s threads? Or the lid on thread? Or match review threads? Can you not see that this particular thread has been initiated so people can get together to work out HOW we can show our support, not WHETHER we should show our support?

You’re entitled to your opinion. But you know, I don’t go running into churches on a Sunday yelling out “what a load of crap!!” There are plenty of forums for that, and there are plenty of forums for your tough love, but this thread’s clearly not it.

if you take 9 player out from the top8 team ,they would be in the top 8, ,to make the final you have to, had at lest 14 player playing at lest 18 game so far,take a look at the top team and see how many player have played all game ,you wouldn:t hear that from the media
they say it all hird fault

Can someone please post Robbo’s article from today’s HS?

And wash my car?

PAINT MY FENCE!

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

You buy AFL merchandise?

FLUFF ME

Fetch my pipe and slippers?

i don:t give a ■■■■ about what robbo write he go with the flow,one day he is with hird next against hird,most are like sheep,they read
what written newspaper and they believe it the god truth

You buy AFL merchandise?
We do our bit Digs. Gotta support the team

true believer

strand up and be counted

Can someone please post Robbo's article from today's HS?

He spent the whole week being told how low and filthy it was for the media to write articles about Hird and their positions and the media putting unnecessary pressure. So what does he do? Write an article just about that.

You buy AFL merchandise?
We do our bit Digs. Gotta support the team

I hope you at least buy it from the Bomber shop.

that is the favour of the last three year and it put food on his table ,he not going to bit the hand that feed him,and for robbo and all reporter that once in a life time story and they make the most of it