#Standbyhird

I was going to bump an old thread but no appropriate one exists. Bumping the ASADA thread I thought it'd get lost.

Mods merge elsewhere if necessary.

There's this statue called "Eliza" at Matilda Bay in the Swan River, people often muck around with it and dress it up for different causes.

The rest kind of explains itself

119089-eliza-statue.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crawley-statue-eliza-shows-her-support-for-embattled-bombers-coach-james-hird/story-e6frg4nl-1226697124884

AS THE football world closes in on Essendon Football Club and its revered coach James Hird, support appears to have come from the unlikeliest of sources.

The bronze sculpture Eliza, mounted in the Swan River at Crawley, has been adorned with Bombers jumpers and scarves and a banner, less than 24 hours after it was announced Hird and three other club officials have been charged by the AFL for bringing the game into disrepute.

The red and black outfit is the latest in the series of garments Eliza has been seen in since first being unveiled in 2007.

PHOTOS: The many looks of Eliza the statue

That’s epic. Good job peedo! Muy bien

That’s awesome!

Wasn't me. I know who it was though

Are they quite sure how hashtags work?

That's awesome.

Thinking I might get some sort of Vancouver landmark and get the hashtag taken there.

(Probably use the right one though)

Maybe we could collect them from all over the world.

What's the link to the poster if you want to print your own copy?

Sensational 

What's the link to the poster if you want to print your own copy?

Right here: http://d.pr/f/S2XX

awesomenesssssssss

That's awesome.

Thinking I might get some sort of Vancouver landmark and get the hashtag taken there.

(Probably use the right one though)

Maybe we could collect them from all over the world.

You can count me in then for this area of the mainland. We have a suitable statue here, a fisher girl on a rock. The # 1 tourist attraction in the city. Unsure what the locals will think of it, could also involve a bit of swimming to get to the rock. Will have to think about this one, we have had a typhoon around for the last week or so, not the best weather for such a venture. 

What about t-shirts and bumper stickers?