#standbyhird

Been thinking for a little while how to show some support for the team and unity for the coach, from far off and unlikely places. So here is my sign as promised in the F1 thread, at the grand prix in Shanghai. T

he girl’s name is Louise, she is from Surrey, and on holidays with her father. Next stop for them is Laos. She listened patiently to my brief spiel and was gracious enough to hold the sign up for the Captain.

photo _DSC1032_zpsnr5voced.jpg

His name is Travelius, l have never heard of it before either. From parts unknown in the US, he works in a nuclear power plant 3 - 4 hours south west of where l am. He saw the sign, was curious and came over and asked me about it. He was very interested in the story, and said drugs in sport were a huge problem, l think l may have convinced him to follow the Bombers from now on.

photo _DSC1034_zpsakpso6xb.jpg

My little sign attracted plenty of attention from the locals on the train to and from the circuit.

More images of more signs in unlikely places needed.

This is the best one. #standbyhird on the Berlin Wall.

Brilliant!

Although I see James Hird is still making it all about himself, now on a world stage. Is there no end to this man?

Like CJ. It is an even stronger statement post asada.

Guy taking a photo of his crotch liked it too.

thats pretty cool

Good stuff CJ.

“From Wrestlemania to F1…”

That bird goes alright, /10 would bang

As for your initiative, thats a pretty cool effort.

Quoted Post

That bird goes alright, /10 would bang

That’s pretty much, word for word, my initial thoughts as I opened the thread.

Nice work though CJ, on many fronts.

The resurrection completed - Interviewed on 3AW this afternoon with Tim Lane actually hosting.

Hird would not rule out further litigation.

Lane tried to keep from drowning by quoting incomprehensible portions of the Dank decision to which Hird replied to stating that the tribunal found “No Essendon player was found to have taken any banned substance”.

Tim decided not to pursue the subject.

Also liked Cale’s comments on the Channel 7 footy show this morning as to why the players want Hird to be their coach.

The resurrection completed - Interviewed on 3AW this afternoon with Tim Lane actually hosting.

Hird would not rule out further litigation.

Lane tried to keep from drowning by quoting incomprehensible portions of the Dank decision to which Hird replied to stating that the tribunal found “No Essendon player was found to have taken any banned substance”.

Tim decided not to pursue the subject.

Also liked Cale’s comments on the Channel 7 footy show this morning as to why the players want Hird to be their coach.

What did Hooker say?

Hooker said something along the lines of.

Hird has brought in a system and game style that the players have bought in on, as well as a culture across the club that makes it really enjoyable to be around.

And that as a direct result of that we have seen players wanting to come to the club like BJ, Cooney etc.

(Thanks Speedy…)

Two years ago today :slight_smile:

This is the best one. #standbyhird on the Berlin Wall.

I’m in Berlin in 4 weeks time. I’ll keep my eye out for this. Awesome.

the winds of change

i started whistling then