Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

Back to seriousnessness - it's an art-form, and people will see it differently. Trying to convince people to like something they don't and vice versa is futile.

Like efcrobbo trying to convince everyone that Iron Man 3 was actually good.

HEY! Iron man 3 was good!!

Captain america civil war sucked. Come at me haters!

So there is a movie you don’t like

Trust me there is tonnes of movies i dont like.

Back to seriousnessness - it's an art-form, and people will see it differently. Trying to convince people to like something they don't and vice versa is futile.

Resistance is futile

I admit, I’ve always been more a Star Trek man myself.

Review that I totally agree with.

https://youtu.be/Kc2kFk5M9x4?t=190

In hindsight tfa was very similar to anh. In hindsight? I’m glad you were paying attention.

I also must have missed all the incredible character development and back story they cran crammed in about Rei. Don’t get me wrong though I enjoyed her character.

If you don’t like this movie I get it, that’s fine, but you can’t critique it for having a bunch of problems that were also painfully evident in tfa and then still blow smoke up that film’s ■■■■ at the same time.

I accept that rogue may have a narrower appeal than tfa and I’m totally OK with that.

I’m also fine with this film being a little dark, but i just don’t get criticism that it is joyless and depressing

Exactly.
This is a great summation, for me. At around 8.15 one of ther guys explains exactly why I could not get into this movie. It was the Forrest Whitaker thing. Such a crappy character for a good actor. No passion, emotion, no connection. Just blah blah let me take a suck at this vaccuum cleaner hose bullshiit. His acting was overdone, the accent he used was ludicrous, and his whole raison d’être was baffling.

I don’t care how incisive their analysis is, nor how wacky & zany their comedy is, anyone posting a film review video that’s a full third the length of the film getting reviewed deserves groin leprosy.

The guy in the khaki shirt and the guy in the hard hat both have unusually high pitched voices for grown men.

I don’t care how incisive their analysis is, nor how wacky & zany their comedy is, anyone posting a film review video that’s a full third the length of the film getting reviewed deserves groin leprosy.

True.
I used my FF button.
Like I would have if I had one during the actual movie.

I thought it was funny. Far out you’re all a grumpy bunch.

All Star Wars threads are now officially worse than the “Hurley, forward or back” thread.

Still prefer this thread to the Saga conspiracy thread.

This is fair critique of rogue 1 IMO

The criticisms are all valid and had they been avoided r1 could have been elevated from its status as a good star wars movie to being a great film. For the time being though I’m just happy to have a genuinely good new star wars movie for the first time since Jedi.

Yeah yeah tfa blah blah blah

Still prefer this thread to the Saga conspiracy thread.

which one, theres like 40 of them.

Carrie Fisher has suffered a massive heart attack aboard a flight. Apparently she received CPR during the flight and has been rushed to hospital.

I’ll write my review later, but that final Darth Vader scene was quite possibly his best moment in any of the Star Wars movies ever. First time I’ve actually felt the terror from him that everyone in the movies always show, seeing those rebels being scared and trapped and just being sliced apart as they try and run and get through those locked doors was epic.

I'll write my review later, but that final Darth Vader scene was quite possibly his best moment in any of the Star Wars movies ever. First time I've actually felt the terror from him that everyone in the movies always show, seeing those rebels being scared and trapped and just being sliced apart as they try and run and get through those locked doors was epic.

felt for the guy that got thrown into the ceiling, most underwhelming death tbh.

Carrie Fisher has suffered a massive heart attack aboard a flight. Apparently she received CPR during the flight and has been rushed to hospital.

Decades of drugs is not good for ones heart

I thought it was pretty good after a slow build during the first half of the film. I much preferred TFA, but I did appreciate the darker tone of the story.

But since we like to gripe around these parts: Considering the rebels managed to get away with the plans for the Death Star, and that it is made plainly obvious to the Empire that a fatal flaw was engineered into said Death Star (Jyn told Krennic exactly that), you’d think that the Empire, with it’s vast resources, would run a pretty thorough security of audit of their planet killer. I’d previously assumed that the plans were stolen without the Empire’s knowledge so that there would be no opportunity to address the Death Star’s fatal flaw.

Jyn did tell Krennic, but Krennic got shot and killed by the eventual Death Star blast. You could argue that the DS was built in a very certain way (which is why the father wanted to build it himself) which couldn’t be simply altered even if they did discover it’s own weakness, hence Vader and the Empie being so desprete to obtain those plans and prevent the rebels from discovering said weakness.

Remember Jyn’s father wanted to make himself “indispensable” being the only one to build the DS himself so he could purposely input a huge weakness. As he said himself it was a matter of time before it was eventually built anyway, but this way he could input a weakness that was devastating, and clearly they didn’t think an attack would have been effetive even if they did discover a weakness. In a New Hope they discuss the Rebels acquiring the plans and discovering a weakness, which “an attack on this battle station would be a useless gesture, no matter the the technical data they’ve obtained”.

Yeah, but she looked so healthy in R1.

Tarkin has aged well also.

Tarkin has aged well also.

But taller than l remember.