Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

Have one mate who doesn’t get into the whole Star Wars phenomenon.
The rest of us just put it down to him having learning difficulties.

5 Likes

It was a joke, a poorly worded joke at that .my bad

1 Like

Always cautious of any males 35+ and say they’ve never watched any of the Star Wars movies.

3 Likes

Honestly not feeling the new trilogy at all. Characters are bland, there’s a serious lack of senior jedi to give the film gravitas, and the mystique of the force has been all but rubbished by allowing the girl (forget her name already) to master it in one movie on a whim. And the with are just fkg laughable. Crybabies are not scary, and snoke looks Mr burns in that episode of the Simpson’s where everybody thought he was an alien

1 Like

I might not make it to the next movie if Rey doesn’t lose that perpetually bewildered look on her face.

1 Like

should’ve just thrown in a 3 month training montage or someshit.

never held a lightsabre before, can go toe to toe with someone thats been training their entire life???

If you re-watch the lightsaber fight, Rey uses a saber like a staff. She grew up defending herself with a staff, she’s damn good with one, so that’s how she attacks with a lightsaber.

I thought it was subtle and a clever bit of fight choreography.

5 Likes

Rey is capable with the saber because she is magnificently skilled with the staff, hence the entire early part of the movie. Kylo Ren was inexperienced and not highly skilled with the saber, hence him slashing wildly in their fight, he’d never actually had a saber duel before, more just cutting defenseless down people. Snoke still had to complete his training.

5 Likes

Thread just hit peak dorkiness.

4 Likes

Add in that Chewie shot him in the side so he wasn’t at full strength

2 Likes

Using a light sabre as a staff is just preposterous. You’ll slice your hand off

Like I said, watch it again. You’ll see the similarities to her using a staff.

1 Like

You can say it all you want. It’s a rubbish idea.

Spoke too soon…

2 Likes

Her attacks are jabs, like you would do with a staff. I’m not making up something to support her ability with a lightsaber, I’m just saying the fight choreography was based off staff fighting style. Have no issue with you saying that it’s a bad technique, but it’s what they intentionally gave her.

1 Like

Fair call

2 Likes

I hope she doesn’t and you miss out and the movie is amazing.

Don’t give in to the dark side of the force…

Rogue one chick ahoudlve been rey

Hell no

The girl who played Rey was awesome, and quite frankly is absolutely stunning

3 Likes