Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

That’s pretty complex and clever.
So…tell me about stormtroopers, and how Ewoks can knock them out with a stick. It’s a special stick, right?
Also - are red light sabres more powerful than blue ones?

I don’t get what’s complex here. Character’s backstory is she grew up fighting with a staff. Character gets lightsaber with no training so uses it only way she knows. Fight choreography based off staff techniques.

There’s some dumb ■■■■ in Star Wars, this one isn’t high on that list.

1 Like

You’re right, I’m just being a smartarse.

1 Like

you grow up using a staff, where you can hold every inch of it, go to grab beam on lightsaber, no hand.

clever.

I didn’t mind Force Awakens though I do get where you are coming from. From my point of view the movie did an alright job of saying “this is where we were, this is where we are now”. That means the new movies have to move forward with some decent plot development without spending too much time looking back at the original series. Not to mention some new concepts.

I think that’s what I don’t like about it. It’s more a reboot than a sequel trilogy and that devalues it instantly from my viewing perspective. Not so much a continuation as it is a pointlessly new start

1 Like

My feelings on the new series all depends how much this movie mirrors Empire strikes back.

New force user goes to remote location to be trained in the force by a reclusive old Jedi master- tick

Big walker battle- tick

Journey on the mellenuim falcon- tick

I assume the bad guys win big in this one.

I could handle force awakens being a semi remake, but if they just remake the whole original trilogy that’s pretty boring.

1 Like

Saw Return of the Jedi again last night. Now, everyone likes an underdog but if I was a mid ranking manager for the Empire, I would have suggested gassing those Ewoks just in case.

1 Like

Star Wars is adolescent nonsense; Close Encounters is obscurantist drivel; Star Trek can turn your brains to purée of bat guano; and the
greatest science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who! And I’ll take you all on, one-by-one or all in a bunch to back it up!”

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

only a sith deals in absolutes

4 Likes

4 Likes

I like all of the above.

Except of course Doctor Who. That’s ■■■■■.

1 Like

You’d think about gassing them no more than you’d consider ordering your troops to shoot the local birds or lizards. They weren’t a perceived threat so why they wouldn’t have bothered wasting resources. And plus it’s unlikely they’d have known much about small bear looking creatures.

And their fight was a hack and slash until they held sabers and she cut him at the end there, so I hardly see the issue. It was hardly a Darth Maul vs Obi Wan/Qui Gon choreographed 15 minute epic, the fight reflected their relative poor skill levels and the fact Kylo had been shot beforehand. It’s honestly not that hard to have pretend sword fights and Rey had some skill with the staff, which I dispute you “hold every inch of”.

Oh yeah

2 Likes

I would have gassed everything. Ewoks, insects, fish, everything.

You would have been cannon fodder for their gun testing.

I would have been running the testing. Trust me, if I were looking after security on the Death Star Mk I, they wouldn’t have needed a Death Star Mk II.

A weapon the size of a planet.
And we live there. With the Emperor.
How quaint.