Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

So we can talk about it? Spoilers?

Read the title.

GOT thread rules. If it’s happened already you can talk about it

Enjoyed it. Was a bit slow at the start but warmed up very nicely. A few laughs in there.

Thought it was fine for kids @tenhillterror. Took my 8 y.o and he enjoyed it.

I think the whole point of this movie was setting up situations similar to the original trilogy, then taking them in a direction utterly different to the way the originals went. So Poe got called out for being cocky BECAUSE Han didn’t. Familiarity without repetitiveness. The same myth cycle of light falling to darkness and then resistance growing to the resulting tyranny, but different and surprising in detail. I was really hoping after TFA that’s the direction they were going to take this one in, so glad they did.

The pacing wasn’t always great, but I thought it was very good on the whole.

3 Likes

Not a spoiler, but dammit if Rey isn’t the cutest thing on earth then I don’t need what is.

4 Likes

They have done an outstanding job of Kylo Ren’s character…

And Luke. Fark. I was so pumped that they showed him to be so very flawed but still off the charts powerful.

1 Like

Teens.

Its what TFA should have been. Also still think the actress that plays rey is horrible. fight me.

I left the movie feeling nothing to look forward to in 9.

3 Likes

Loved it!

It’s full on in the fact it was lots of space battles, then in the quiet moments your grabbing your seat and holding your breath about any possible plot twists.

Called it half way through the movie that (spoiler) would be killed in the end.

I think she’s the most average looking person I’ve ever seen in a movie.

That’s a very good point. And yeah they did kinda make fun of most tropes through the movie.

I don’t know. I enjoyed it, but it all felt a bit same same.

Then again that’s probably the point

2 Likes

I left the cinema p@34% off and the next day just outright angry. I thought this was going to be a classic I must admit but was wary Hamill didn’t like the direction of film and storyline. He was right.

Leia is superman all of a sudden, Luke is the complete opposite in character over last 4 films, Snoke has no explanation who he is or was, Phasma just became a 5 min showpiece…gone…etc. Force Awakens though it had some flaws at least setup a perfect scenario for a director to explore and fill in the details …Rian ignored it all and said…nah I will do my own movie and we will forget any sequel storylines or details.

Star Wars is now a Marvel film

7 Likes

Ren and Rey are the two worst major star wars characters, ever.

Was in the last movie as well. Think that’s on purpose, she’s the new Boba Fett.

Isn’t that what the second half of this movie does? TFA was a great ‘cover version’ of Star Wars to show all the expected tropes, this movie is something new.

That should’ve been fairly obvious by now.

1 Like

star wars was the original marvel.

3 Likes

Anakin Skywalker. Padme.

5 Likes

Luke and leia aren’t stellar either.

Nup, think think the characters are fine, the acting is just off.