Starting 22 - round 1, 2022

get off my lawn!

Stewart, Laverde, Kelly
Redman, Ridley, Hind

Cox, Parish, Langford
Draper, Merrett, Stringer

Shiel (pushing up to mid), Jones, Caldwell (stringer rotation)
Tippa, 2MP, Smith

Bench: Heppell, McGrath, ___________(Fiorini/Dunstan?), Snelling

SUB: Perkins

Emg: Durham, guelfi, Francis,

10 Likes

Surely Perkins for Smith

1 Like

we’ll see. Smith pulled his head in in the final third of the year and played some good footy. perkins fell away badly. Hoping of course for a big preseason out of perkins. If he can stay involved in games more and clean up his ball use he’s going to be pushing very very hard for selection.

1 Like

Clearly should slot right in on a forward flank!

@Vass48 - now that @ivan has posted it’s a real best 22 thread

3 Likes

Someone already has.

1 Like

Got him on field. AA first year you just wait.

my ■■■■■■■ word someone stole your thunder

B: Kelly Laverde Stewart
HB: Heppell Ridley Hind
C: Langford Parish Cox
HF: Shiel Jones Snelling
F: TIPPA Baldwin Wright
R: Draper Stringer Merrett

B: McGrath Caldwell Smith Redman
Sub: Guelfi (or Cutler)

Perkins playing full time inside mid in 2’s. No point him being sub, and he’s not a pressure fwd. First cab off the rank mid as required. I doubt we will hit round 1 with best 22 all available anyway so there is going to be the opportunities for Arch & others

Think Stringer will play more forward next year with Caldwell back.

He is a very good inside winning midfielder who will get bigger and better next year.

Stringer will of course rotate through the middle but more so his presence up forward is where he will benefit the team most.

Wright and Jones bringing ball to ground he will be there to collect the loose ball along with Smith and Tippa and small forwards.

Hoping Waterman improves next year with his fitness base also, could be a handy forward for us. Perkins will play more forward next year aswell which I’m excited to see.

Yeah having the number 1 clearance player per cba not that helpful to the team at all

1 Like

He will still go into the middle next year for sure but feel it will be more of a balance between forward and midfield. Kicking 50 plus goals would benefit the team more

If everything suggested in the trade spec thread came true, it’d be:

F. Stengel King Simmons
HF. Conor Tex Ward
C. Duggan Dunstan Yeo
HB. Brodie Gunston McPherson
B. Garner Hartley SPP

Foll. Xerri, Jaeger, Mitchell

5 Likes

Hang on a minute. You’ve got a clean slate, and everyone’s fit, and you’ve kept Stewart in the side.

Has a bromance grown?

2 Likes

Where’s my boy casboult

1 Like

Playing VFL, kept out of the side by Ben Simmons

1 Like

He’s a stop gap. Until Reid convinces me he’s ready or Rance comes out of retirement Stewart stays.

I reckon Perkins slots onto the bench in place of the player that doesn’t play for Essendon.

4 Likes

Kelly Laverde Ridley
Hind Stewart Redman

Cox Parish Durham

Langford Jones Perkins
Walla Wright Snelling

Draper Merrett Stringer

Heppell, Shiel, McGrath, Caldwell

Sub: Guelfi

Emg: Smith, Waterman, Reid, Bryan

Obviously depending on any list changes etc

You need to maintain the good looking rooster quotient in the side, so Perkins stays.