(Stealth "Best 22" Thread) What I reckon The Team should be vs Collingwood Thursday Feb 16 @ Etihad

I know it’s early but this is the team I’d like to see run out at Etihad in 2 weeks with extended bench

B: Mark Baguley Patrick Ambrose Matt Dea
HB: Conor McKenna Michael Hurley Jordan Ridley
C: David Zaharakis Kyle Langford Travis Colyer
HF: Darcy Parish James Stewart Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
F: Orazio Fantasia Jobe Watson Josh Begley
R: Matthew Leuenberger Dyson Heppell Zach Merrett

Int: Jayden Laverde Brent Stanton Martin Gleeson
Andrew McGrath Alex Morgan Dylan Clarke Mitch Brown David Myers

Not that it matters all that much in the scheme of things but we are going to be a very short team in this match.

I can’t see them rushing Daniher, Hooker, Hartley, and now Hurley to the line to play in the first JLT match. Not to mention that Bellchambers and Draper are out of the question. Who knows where Francis is at.

ENTER STEW

ENTER STEW

I beg your pardon???

ENTER STEW

I beg your pardon???

I believe that Mr Charlie was trying to convey his excitement and belief (rather crudely) in Mr James Stewart

Uncool thread title

Uncool thread title

Better?

Uncool thread title

Better?

I like. “Where’s the team” would also have sufficed

Would like to see as many of the draftees as possible and maybe play 6/12 then rotate them for the next game (allowing for those that are injured or under prepared etc)

No Green?

I want Hocking out there… Just in case :slight_smile:
I think all the returning guys who are fit & ready should play.

Why is Stealth Bomber not making this thread?

ENTER STEW

I beg your pardon???

I believe that Mr Charlie was trying to convey his excitement and belief (rather crudely) in Mr James Stewart

I thought he was just talking about his dinner.

I know it's early but this is the team I'd like to see run out at Etihad in 2 weeks with extended bench

HB: Conor McKenna Michael Hurley Jordan Ridley
HF: Darcy Parish James Stewart Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Matthew Leuenberger Dyson Heppell Zach Merrett

Int: Jayden Laverde Brent Stanton Martin Gleeson

Take out Hurls and put Brown there. Definitely rotate Myers, Lang and Jobe through the middle contests. One of Jobe and Lang rotate through the marking forward role in absence of Joe/Hooker.

No changes for mine.

Woosha won’t rush in anyone. He will play a team that’s fit, consistent with last year lineup, blended with new draftees and old mates coming back from their break. Woosha hates pre-season comps. Worst is he hates losing good players for a season to preseason comp injuries.

HB: Pops Kelly Mitch Brown Marty Gleeson
HF: Connor McKenna James Stewart Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Matthew Leuenberger Darcy Parish Zach Merrett

Int: Jayden Laverde Brent Stanton Kobe Mutch

Rotate them all during the game.
Resting Hurley, Goddard, Heppell, Hocking, Hooker and Joedan. Clever footy.

They’ll want something like a best 22/24/26 team in the third round, which presumably means a stack of kids will play in the second round in Mackay.

They'll want something like a best 22/24/26 team in the third round, which presumably means a stack of kids will play in the second round in Mackay.

Yeah that’s pretty good DJR
Unfortunately we need to play at least 8 out of 10 guys that have come back. Not the whole game just partial time the rest leave it to the young guns why because you cant simulate real AFL game time. Mackay heat will also get them prepped for round 2.

How good is it not to think of top ups any more? first time since 2014 we go into preseason games without that crap

They'll want something like a best 22/24/26 team in the third round, which presumably means a stack of kids will play in the second round in Mackay.

I know some of the senior players already know they’re not travelling north and will only play about half a game against Collingwood. It does sound like the third (Geelong in Bendigo?) game we’ll get a better understanding of the round 1 side.