(Stealth "Best 22" Thread) What I reckon The Team should be vs Collingwood Thursday Feb 16 @ Etihad

IN - JAMAR

Who is the back up ruck man? We can’t run Looney into the ground. McKernan will have to play will he not?

Who is the back up ruck man? We can't run Looney into the ground. McKernan will have to play will he not?

Can’t see why Smack wouldn’t play significant game time in the preseason. Manages Leuey and lets him show his value.

Are the pre-season games on Foxtel ?

Are the pre-season games on Foxtel ?

Yes

Brown in rehab group today, no?

Bags Ambrose McGrath
Gleeson DEA McKenna

Colyer Langford parish
Looney hepp zerret

Lav Stewart green
Tippa smack begley

Mutch Myers jerret Hocking howlett long

Rd 2 ins: bj, Stanton, jobe, Kelly, Fanta, Clark. Riddler and hopefully a few of the talls.

That would be the smallest team I’ve ever seen in Essendon colours.

• I’m not as old as Noonan who would remember watching a team where Don McKenzie, our ruckman, was barely 6 foot *
    Were the full forwards taller than Tippa back then? What has happened? Hormones in the chicken?

The funny thing is though it is actually a possibility of being fairly accurate. We won’t lack for run that’s for sure!

Noonan saw the 1920s mosquito premierships.

Don McKenzie was a giant; he was 6’2"; as was Fark Carlton’s John Nicholls, except Don was about 85 kg and Big Nick was 105 kg. I still remember the ruck duels of the 1960’s they had.

Don McKenzie was a giant; he was 6'2"; as was Fark Carlton's John Nicholls, except Don was about 85 kg and Big Nick was 105 kg. I still remember the ruck duels of the 1960's they had.

Incredible isn’t it! They were both smaller than Dyson Heppell.

Big Nick had legs like tree trunks.

When I played footy last century, at 5’ 10", I was often a key position player and sometimes thrown into the ruck. Few blokes were over 6".

My Dad was 5’6" size 6 shoes; I am 5’10" size 9 shoes ; have two sons; 6’3" and 6’4", both size 16 shoes. Two grand-sons; one is too young to know how big he may be, but the oldest is now 8 and is the tallest in his class; so I am planning him to be Bombers CHF at 6’7" in 2029. He has indigenous heritage, kicks both feet well already. Not sure how we will manage the Draft system, but we are working on it.

His photo is my avatar in his Bomber jumper signed by the 2009 team the year he was born.

Big Nick had legs like tree trunks.

When I played footy last century, at 5’ 10", I was often a key position player and sometimes thrown into the ruck. Few blokes were over 6".

My Dad was 5’6" size 6 shoes; I am 5’10" size 9 shoes ; have two sons; 6’3" and 6’4", both size 16 shoes. Two grand-sons; one is too young to know how big he may be, but the oldest is now 8 and is the tallest in his class; so I am planning him to be Bombers CHF at 6’7" in 2029. He has indigenous heritage, kicks both feet well already. Not sure how we will manage the Draft system, but we are working on it.

His photo is my avatar in his Bomber jumper signed by the 2009 team the year he was born.

Must be the growth hormones in the food chain.

Best 22 for Hawks
B: McGrath Ambrose Baguley
Hb: Kelly Hurley Dea
C: Parish Watson Colyer
Hf: Tippa Daniher Laverde
F: Green Hooker Fantasia
R: Leuneberger Heppell Zerrett
Int: Langford Zaharakis Stanton Myers

Emg: Hocking Howlett Gleeson

Matchups
Ambrose - Roughead
Hurley - Vickery
Dea - Gunston
Rioli - Baguley
McGrath - Puopolo
Breust - Kelly

Leuy - McEvoy
Heppell - Mitchell
Zerrett - O’Meara
Parish - Hartung
Watson -Shield
Colyer - Smith

Tippa - Burgoyne
Hooker - Gibson
Laverde - Stratton
Green - Birchall
Daniher - Frawley
Fantasia - Hodge

Don McKenzie was a giant; he was 6'2"; as was Fark Carlton's John Nicholls, except Don was about 85 kg and Big Nick was 105 kg. I still remember the ruck duels of the 1960's they had.

Alan Morrow who was ruck in the 1960’s before Ditterich arrived, was a bare 6 foor tall, and was still competitive.

Will be very surprised if Gleeson is left out Rd 1

I’m pretty interested to see green, fridge, McGrath and Ridley in the pre season. Also keen to watch Langford through the middle.

How fkn good is it to think about a game of footy saga free

I think we’ll see a balanced side Rnd 1… then the kids will go up north and then we will see close to the final product in the third game.

I don’t expect to win any of the games cause Woosh has made it pretty clear that he doesn’t care. The key will be to get through without injury. I don’t even think he values the games as good practice… so I doubt he will care if we go in short if it means we manage Hooker, Hurley and JD.

I think we'll see a balanced side Rnd 1.. then the kids will go up north and then we will see close to the final product in the third game.

I don’t expect to win any of the games cause Woosh has made it pretty clear that he doesn’t care. The key will be to get through without injury. I don’t even think he values the games as good practice… so I doubt he will care if we go in short if it means we manage Hooker, Hurley and JD.

Your pretty spot on.
I dont think we will be aiming on winning every game, but I still think we will win a couple. But players will be managed.
Heppell will captain the first game and play with the old blokes who havent had a injury interrupted preseason.
2nd game will be kids up north plus the senior guys coming back from injuries if they are ready. Third week should be close to a full strength squad.

I think Pies will have a weak squad week 1 so could be anyones game.
Week 2 is the kids - but we won a preseason game last year with the recruits so anything is possible. wouldnt rule out a win
week 3 with a close to full side would think we would go close to winning, but the result doesn’t mean much, individual work loads are probably more important…

Don Mackenzie had a really good leap. John Nicholls was like an Easter Island statue. I think Don did reasonably well against Nicholls, but he did tend to bounce off him a bit like every player of that era…

McGrath - Puopolo

Jeez. Baptism of fire much?