Stevie Milne's Cricketing Prowess?

Pretty remarkable story here....http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2013/12/2/former-afl-player-stephen-milnes-makes-double-century

Former St Kilda AFL star Stephen Milne hit a remarkable 262 not out for Heinz Southern Districts in the Dandenong District A grade competition last Saturday.

Joining his brother Craig (41) at the crease at 2-30, the 33-year-old went to tea unbeaten on 99, before being dropped from the first ball after the interval.

"He and his brother have played together a few times, but not a hell of a lot because of Stephen's footy," said father and Southern Districts club president Brian Milne.

"Stephen comes back and plays for the cricket club as much as he can, but now that his commitments are not that heavy in football he'll probably try and play a few more games with us."

Throughout his innings, Milne hit 24 fours and 18 sixes to tally 204 runs in boundaries.

"He can hit a ball – they were good strikes," says Brian. "They went long and strong. And he had a bit of luck – dropped twice, but once he got his hundred he went for it."

"All of a sudden everybody from each of the three grounds was standing around that one ground, watching him go past 150, 200. It was a good day."

Dandenong declared at 7-377 after 60 overs, and had their opponents, Hallam Kalora Park, in trouble at 3-18 at the close of play. 

Looks like Hallam got absolutely r****

Many of our correctional facilities now have sporting programs that include Cricket and Football.

Many of our correctional facilities now have sporting programs that include Cricket and Football.

They have had for decades.

Yeah when I played junior footy we had cons on parole umpiring as part of their assimilation back into the community.

EDIT: Obviously not rapists or murderers or really bad cons like that, but drink drivers? Yeah probably.

How many prison Best and Fairests did you win Boot?

:lol:  None mate. But I played cricket and football for Tatura. Quite a few of us did. It was really nice to be a normal person for a day.

Good luck to Milne. He will need a fair share.

:lol:  None mate. But I played cricket and football for Tatura. Quite a few of us did. It was really nice to be a normal person for a day.
And then you returned to the POW camp? Never picked you for a kraut sympathiser, Boot

Ken Fletcher coached Tatura in the early 1980’s. They won the 2012 GVFL flag.

did they consent first?

Yeah when I played junior footy we had cons on parole umpiring as part of their assimilation back into the community.

EDIT: Obviously not rapists or murderers or really bad cons like that, but drink drivers? Yeah probably.

on another note, I reckon it'd be ■■■■ funny watching a game umpired by murderers. Would be one of the most behaved leagues towards umpires ever.

This is good news for people embarking on an extended stint within the four walls of our correction facilities. Time to work on your cover drive or establish yourself as a quality small forward.

Wasn't Gary Ablett Sr recruited that way? Playing for Rochester (or wherever) on day release?

Wasn't Gary Ablett Sr recruited that way? Playing for Rochester (or wherever) on day release?

Playing for Myrtleford while he was apparently serving time in Beechworth gaol.

did they consent first?

Nothing worse than copping a bloke who's not on the team sheet, doing the dodgy.

Thought they were playing L Montagna.

Pretty sure John Nicholls played a part of his career at the Blues on day release from Pentridge.

Think he did time for embezzlement and larceny. 

Pretty sure John Nicholls played a part of his career at the Blues on day release from Pentridge.

Think he did time for embezzlement and larceny. 

Got 3 months for a 5-year crime IIRC, due in no small part to the corrupt Carlton-supporting judiciary and Kenneth Luke. But then, I hold the opinion that all Carlton fans are criminals...just some haven't been caught yet.

I imagine he’d be involved in a few runouts, S Milne. When yes means yes, and no means yes as well.

I imagine he'd be involved in a few runouts, S Milne. When yes means yes, and no means yes as well.

Good batting partner - loves to rotate the strike.