Stolen puppies - at least one positive outcome!

Absolute farkers! Take a man’s stuff if you really must, but FFS don’t mess with a man’s pets.
Utter dregs of society. Capital punishment would be too kind…

2 Likes

I would murder the person that attempted to touch either of my kitties - and they don’t even like me*!

*That’s not true. One of them likes me.

6 Likes

Well, I’m very pleased to say that my friends’ puppy has been returned unharmed:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/fouryearold-distraught-as-puppy-stolen-from-home/news-story/59efc2b3c81b0b7470085d2a0de08434

Whether it helped or not, thanks to anyone who shared the original story on any social media platform.

Catherine, I sincerely hope that your friend in Sunbury has the same good fortune!

29 Likes

Fantastic

That’s awesome news. I’m sure the little girl is very excited

1 Like

Glad there is happy ending.

(Hoping for a happy ending for Catherine’s friend also)

4 Likes

Goods news that the wee beastie was returned safe and well.

A full happy ending would be for the thief to die of colon cancer.

1 Like

My idea of a fully happy ending would be Ifor him to realise he made s huge mistake and can see how much pain he has caused and that he turns over a new leaf. Wishing him dead is a little extreme.

3 Likes

I note the perp/s’ conscience didn’t extend to returning the cash, jewellery, iPad and other items they helped themselves to. More likely they decided they were saddled with a puppy which had limited selling potential thanks to widespread tv, radio & social media coverage.
Still, the wee thing is back and the family is rapt. That’s what matters.
Me? I’m a vindictive ■■■■■■■ and I wish the perp/s no goodwill whatsoever. I hope they get hit by the karma bus, dragged 500m in the undercarriage and then backed over for good measure. To roll someone’s house and then mess with the owners pets on top of it is the ultimate kick in the balls.
Fark them - may they continue to live a ■■■■ and short life. They’re probably Fark Carlton supporters too…

3 Likes

Great outcome … hopefully it deters others from taking pets. I couldn’t give a ■■■■ if things in my house are taken but my dogs are my family … it’s just so wrong. The media focus on this was wonderful

Good result.

It IS a good result. Far, far better than i expected. Very often stolen dogs or cats end up as fodder in dogfight rings, giving a fighting dog the taste of blood to work it up for a match.

The thief is sleaze, sure, and badly neds to rethink their life. But it could have been a lot worse.

1 Like

Nice the puppy is back with it’s owner - You have to wonder how this story makes the main bulletin of Channel 9 and 7.

I would have assumed the answer to that is extremely obvious.

News outlets saw that it was being promoted by an EFC board member. And it’s a cute puppy and kid story, so all good there, nice and non-controversial, and it even had a happy ending.

Sometime in the future, @Catherine_Lio will get a call from one or more of these news outlets asking for the inside word on some EFC matter or other. It’ll be all “But we’re your MATES, Katie, remember we did you a favour, we helped you spread the word and help that little girl get her puppy back. We’re the good guys, you can trust us! Quid pro quo, Clarice”

I am completely sure @Catherine_Lio and the club are fully aware of this, of course. It’s just the way things work.

Ha! No journo’s contacted me about the story. The 3AW interview the owner must have organised on the other hand…

2 Likes

Well it’s a sad state of affairs that such a story is worthy of inclusion in a State News Bulletin, notwithstanding the importance of the dog to the family and the young child - It’s just another example of Australia losing it’s way - We waste $120 million on a non-binding plebiscite for SSM - We’ve somehow created a ‘Constitutional Crisis’ over dual nationality, when 28% of the population is born overseas and another 21% have one parent born overseas - So possibly we’ve disenfranchised half the population from running for politics, as well as wasting bucketloads of money

I would have thought it would be a sad state of affairs if it wasn’t worthy of inclusion.
Diff’rent Strokes, I guess

4 Likes

Yaco hates puppies.

3 Likes

You can’t cover everything, unfortunately. Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw what gets traction and what doesn’t.

A few years ago a mate of mine went missing for several days. Reason to be worried he may have harmed himself. Aside from running around like a maniac searching for him, I spammed the club twitter and every player twitter i could find with the police report in the hope of getting a signal boost (my mate is a big Dons fan). Didn’t get a single retweet, much less get on the news.

This isn’t a criticism, it was a long time ago & the club’s social media presence is much more responsive and interactive now. Just an observation that at any given time in a city the size of Melb there’s a frightening number of quiet little crises like this going on. Vanishingly few get any wider coverage at all, and those that do can generally attribute that to raw random luck or proximity to celebrity.

1 Like

The story got its happy ending, which is great, but the cynic in me thinks it’s been an interesting demonstration of how the media works…

It certainly occurred to me that the predominant reason our friends’ story got so much coverage was purely because there was a distraught 4 year-old involved. That alone made it so much more “sexy” than it would otherwise have been. The family are definitely not well-connected, so it wasn’t as if they had any sway in that regard.

I’m particularly interested why this case got an elevated profile, and yet @Catherine_Lio’s friend’s equally sad story hasn’t rated a mention…

2 Likes