Stoner sloth anti drugs campaign

Pot is very bad, especially for the very young ones, but that campaign has become a major brunt of jokes, so to me it misses the mark by a fair way. It's delightfully terrible
I'm with DD on this. Gunge is bad.

About time the government addressed the ‘pot epidemic’ that is sweeping the nation…

Seriously, I don’t have the words for how stupid this ad is, or how inaccurate the message is.

About time the government addressed the 'pot epidemic' that is sweeping the nation...

Seriously, I don’t have the words for how stupid this ad is, or how inaccurate the message is.

You’re a stonersloth, aren’t you?

About time the government addressed the 'pot epidemic' that is sweeping the nation...

You’re a stonersloth, aren’t you?

Nobody is a stonersloth

I’ve known many stonersloths.

On the Oingers from Breakfast 'til Bed, …days filled with eating & video games. It’s pathetic & sad.

It’s like anything though, …if you sat at the Pokies, got on the bottle, or ate Creamcakes in the same way, you would be equally fcuked.

Moderation in all things, it’s really very simple, but for some, somehow, too difficult to u/stand &/or implement.

Good ad. And about time too.

So has it inspired you to quit?

Only you would think that ad which has been GLOBALLY panned was good.

Globally panned by who?

The twitterati and some smug inner city ABC and Fairfax types are not the target audience.

The aim of the ad is to stop 14-18 year olds from considering pot. It’s about time someone in government showed some balls and decided to do something about it.

Also if you’re already a daily smoker then the ad is wasted (pardon the pun) on you.

PS: I’m sure the first anti smoking ads were panned too.

Globally panned by who?

The twitterati and some smug inner city ABC and Fairfax types are not the target audience.

The aim of the ad is to stop 14-18 year olds from considering pot. It’s about time someone in government showed some balls and decided to do something about it.

Also if you’re already a daily smoker then the ad is wasted (pardon the pun) on you.

They were

It’s extremely important to keep teenagers, with still forming/growing brains, away from any substance that is harmful when abused . Where the ad fails miserably, which has been quickly identified by it’s target audience, that consuming cannabis in general makes you some totally non-functioning waste of space that can’t even pass table salt.

If you want to convince the teenagers of something and take in the message, don’t distort and overplay.

Globally panned by who?

The body credited with the research (although what research is actually stated I do not know) want their name removed from the ads, and the NSW Premier was sarcastic about them, you’ll love this, on Twitter.

Perhaps you could find someone of note who thinks they’re any good.
Unironically, I mean.

It's extremely important to keep teenagers, with still forming/growing brains, away from any substance that is harmful when abused . Where the ad fails miserably, which has been quickly identified by it's target audience, that consuming cannabis in general makes you some totally non-functioning waste of space that can't even pass table salt.

If you want to convince the teenagers of something and take in the message, don’t distort and overplay.

I’m not totally convinced of that argument. The meth ads in the US were quite successful and they definitely had some shock value.

And then of course there were the first AIDS ads with the grim reaper in a bowling alley.

To be honest, I know plenty of long term cannabis users who are more or less divorced from reality now. I think this ad is trying to show what can happen to you as distinct from what will happen if you have a single cone or joint.

It's extremely important to keep teenagers, with still forming/growing brains, away from any substance that is harmful when abused . Where the ad fails miserably, which has been quickly identified by it's target audience, that consuming cannabis in general makes you some totally non-functioning waste of space that can't even pass table salt.

I’m not totally convinced of that argument. The meth ads in the US were quite successful and they definitely had some shock value.

And then of course there were the first AIDS ads with the grim reaper in a bowling alley.

To be honest, I know plenty of long term cannabis users who are more or less divorced from reality now. I think this ad is trying to show what can happen to you as distinct from what will happen if you have a single cone or joint.

Yes, you will turn into a cute animal.

Played the ads to the target market.
Here are some responses.
‘Awwww cuuuuuuuute.’
‘Wait, what?’
‘That’s not a stoned sloth, that’s just a sloth.’
‘Aw, it’s so sad.’
And finally, ‘Not that I want to smoke weed, but that doesn’t make me not want to smoke weed.’

smoke weed and turn into chewbaca?

where do i sign up?

Globally panned by who?

And that is just the first page of search results.

Globally panned by who?

firstly, no I’m not.

secondly, a big part of my actual job is counselling people 12-25 who are substance abusers. So I have a bit of an understanding about the challenges, and what does and does not work.

That does not work.

I’m expecting follow ups from:

The Ecstacy Echidna, “you’re a pr!ck on E”,
The Ice Impala “you’re hopping made on ice”
The Heroin Hampster “you’re running fast on a wheel to nowhere on Heroin”

that ad just made my job harder.

Globally panned by who?

firstly, no I’m not.

secondly, a big part of my actual job is counselling people 12-25 who are substance abusers. So I have a bit of an understanding about the challenges, and what does and does not work.

That does not work.

I’m expecting follow ups from:

The Ecstacy Echidna, “you’re a pr!ck on E”,
The Ice Impala “you’re hopping made on ice”
The Heroin Hampster “you’re running fast on a wheel to nowhere on Heroin”

that ad just made my job harder.

Ben, the target market is not people who are already substance abusers. Its those who are at the age where its going to be first offered to them. Ditto the ice ads which screened earlier this year.

Would this ad work for people already using?
Of course not.