Street Harrassment - is it clear cut?

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man

If you yell something out to a woman on the street you’re pretty much a ■■■■■■■■

I still reckon the English language needs a word that means, 'I'm not trying to hit on you but, my word, you are remarkably attractive.'

Just say that word politely, and be on your way.

The word you're looking for is RINGADINGDING!

I still reckon the English language needs a word that means, 'I'm not trying to hit on you but, my word, you are remarkably attractive.'

why is it necessary to say it though? Why cant you appreciate it from a distance and move on? It doesnt really benefit the person you're saying it to.

People who use that word should be arrested.

why is it necessary to say it though? Why cant you appreciate it from a distance and move on? It doesnt really benefit the person you're saying it to.

My word would.

Watched the video at work and genuinely LOL'd at the guy that just yelled out "DAYUMMM!". Some people have no shame.

If you yell something out to a woman on the street you're pretty much a farkhead

There's an old Jerry Seinfeld bit about how men want women, but have absolutely no idea how to get them, and shouting from the car is the best we've come up with.

Do people who shout at women on the street (or approach them making comments about how they look) really expect to pick them up? Really?

Its basically the same logic as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHIu2ErqgbQ

My word would.
Heeeeeeeeeeeey, sexy lady!
?

If such a word exists, it will be a German word. I’ll ask my German friend

Do people who shout at women on the street (or approach them making comments about how they look) really expect to pick them up? Really?

That's part of the confusion.

Are men in the video clip :

a) Expressing themselves (because they just can't control themselves) without any empathy for how the woman feels

b ) Communicating in a (misguided) attempt to make her feel good about herself

c) Deliberately trying to make her feel intimidated, scared, weak

IMO any campaign against this behaviour needs to address the above.

The message should be "Guys, control yourselves, you're not making her feel good, you are scaring her. Don't be an ar*ehole!"

eyyyyyyyyyyyy mami

If you yell something out to a woman on the street you're pretty much a farkhead

There's an old Jerry Seinfeld bit about how men want women, but have absolutely no idea how to get them, and shouting from the car is the best we've come up with.

Honking on the horn.

Watched the video at work and genuinely LOL'd at the guy that just yelled out "DAYUMMM!". Some people have no shame.

Was walking through the shops one day in Summer with my cousin and some chick strutted passed, fun bags bouncing around in a low cut top almost to the point of falling out, to which we both audibly said "oh my God". Fair enough comment I thought. She looked amazing. If she wasn't after that kind of attention she wouldn't be walking around the shops with her boobs almost completely out.

Unless it's WATCH OUT FOR THAT BUS!

Unless it's WATCH OUT FOR THAT BUS!

Only if there actually is a bus.

I l9ve reading men discuss this subject. You have and cannot ever have an idea. You may think yellong out or complimenting a woman is fine, but seriously you think your the first? It gets old very fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTbNtO0hZsk