Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Reckon this will change soon. See Dangerfield and his self promotion.

See josh Kelly and even David Myers that just put their agent’s email address in their social media bios.

If you were a brand looking for an ambassador what would give you more value for money. “Geelong Cats” or “Patrick Dangerfield”

This is getting off topic.

So by my calculations it’s a 50/50 split between sensible haircuts and the bohemian crowd… Except Splitround

1 Like

This would present the rather mundane problem that the lockers are numbered. Although I guess Ben Brown gets around in 50, and there’s no way north can afford 50 lockers.

3 Likes

It’s had 3 occupants in almost 40 years, I think that makes a tradition.

2 Likes

I’ve never given a stuff about numbers. But I’m not sure a bloke walks into the club and straight into Td’s / Hird’s/ stants jumper.

11 Likes

Number 37 in honour of Kyle Reimers?

3 Likes

Jeezzzz, anyone would think we’re in the numberrrrs thread.

1 Like

My thoughts on the 5.

Stringer has the ability to take this club to the promised land and at the same time make himself an Essendon legend.

I loved Stanton as a player but the fact that we had a very conservative player on and off field in my opinion sums up where we have been as a club for the last 15 years.

If we continue to fall back on our famed history and culture we may never move forward.

Football is about the moments and creating new history and a new identity. I’m a big fan of empowering people to make change and I would happily back Stringer in to make the necessary changes.

And to be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if they approach James or Brent and ask for their opinions once the list is settled.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you have to bring your own locker at North.

6 Likes

To live in?

21 Likes

Gee, Stringers highlights package is crazy good.
They way he extracts himself from crowds.
His pace.
His willingness to take the game on.
His quick reaction times.
The long goals.
The fend offs.
Someone mentioned G Ablett Snr … the comparisons are there.
He is a beast and (how lucky are Essendon supporters) he plays for the EFC.
He will make other players stand tall either in the midfield or up forward.
Expect to see a more focussed and hopefully more professional footballer.
Not fussed if he gets 4 or 5.
Likely the choice of the 2 numbers will be between Smith and Stringer.

2 Likes

Good news.

15 Likes

I reckon the Ablett Snr comparisons are way over the top. Ablett was simply unbelievable, tough in a scary way, and powerful. I was at the mcg for the Ess v Cats game when he kicked 13 and Salmon kicked 10. It was one of the most incredible games to witness no matter who you supported. But Ablett was on another level that day.

6 Likes

“HE WAS BORN ON THIS DAY, HE WAS BORN FOR THIS DAY!”

Anthony Hudson on SEN as Stringer shrugs a few Collingwood defenders off him and slots home his 5th for the day and puts Essendon 10 goals up.

12 Likes

Nah to put your bindle in

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stringer bag 10 some day though. He is that kind of player.

1 Like

How many lockers fit into a ATCO hut?

Is this a fair comparison?
G Ablett Snr at 23yo had played 21 games, for 42 goals.
He only blew up big in his 24yo year. Not before.

Fark that is the dream!

(Ablett kicked 14, not 13, plus 7 points to make this bigger than his other two bags of 14.)

2 Likes