Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Give Stringer 5 as we’re already used to seeing the impossible done in that jumper

Geez I miss those players, Salmon, Bewick, Wanganeen, Mercs, etc.

5 Likes

13th all time games played for this club is Stants. Could have probably played 300 if it weren’t for the saga. As a predominantly outside player he would have been at his best when we were winning but he played his whole career in losing teams and still performed to a high standard. His preparation and training standards apart from the occasional ciggie were top shelf.

Can’t really ask for much more.

21 Likes

Stringer on Instagram yesterday:

“I’m ready for a fresh start, to make my family/friends and most importantly my two beautiful girls proud.”

rman

5 Likes

Shouldn’t that be 'RESSurrection Man?

17 Likes

Looking forward to cheering him on and giving him the second chance he needs. We all really hope we can look back after a season of success and say this was the steal of the draft.

1 Like

Dogs are going to regret it stick it right up them Jakey boy.

4 Likes

GO on then, 250+ games worth of vision to pick from, give us just a small handful of clips showing him taking short steps.

Or are you too soft to follow through?

3 Likes

Premiership Player, All Australian and an excitement goal kicking Machine.

I guess old mate Stants is just better than that.

Stringer for #5 for mine.

1 Like

Mate this guy has a point to prove.
It’s a perfect storm to get the best out of a young buck that is unstoppable when on.

Can’t wait for…STRINGA WATCH!!!

1 Like

You need another S.

1 Like

Humphrey was a social smoker! Never would’ve picked it.

Haven’t checked this thread in a while. Has he won the Brownlow yet?

3 Likes

No, but I hear he is less then 12 months away from doing so.

1 Like

That’s way too long. Delist

4 Likes

Didn’t Bomba’s winner’s speech afterwards go something like “There had to be a winner and a loser. Tonight’s loser was RICHMOND.” I had a Tiger supporting mate who had trouble getting over that for a while.

2 Likes

No they won’t and nor should they. Even if he goes on to win ten Bronlows and kicks 800 goals for us, the Dogs have made a call on him because it wasn’t working for their club. That will never change. It’s unfortunate for them, but it sounds like they didn’t have much choice when everything was taken into account. You don’t make theses decisions lightly.h

3 Likes

Doggie lover

5 Likes

He’ll do it for his two girls, he wants them to be proud.

Maybe! But the constant gushing about Stringer has to stop. He’s odds on to do an ACL in the first pre-season game the wat things are going. :slight_smile: