Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

That’s a really good suggestion. But, after their shenanigans, I dont want the dogs to get a first round pick. (Not childish of me at all)

Alternatively, the blues could trade 25 and 30 to the dogs for stringer and we keep 16!

No need to get involved in another deal it will just complicate things.

We have our offer out there and we will prolly get him with it.

Hold your nerve Ants.

1 Like

Apparently the Eagles are close to signing off on the Dogs deal involving Essendon’s picks. Their list management team are meeting today (they are a couple of hours behind us!). Sounds like it real close now …

5 Likes

3 Likes

Or maybe The Lord of the Strings

But less camp

Not that theres anything wrong with that

Strangely, if Dogs took Essendon’s 11 and swap of picks they would’ve been in front of the reported trade. Go figure

7 Likes

I wonder in case the dogs deal doesn’t happen have we got a quick plan B to use at least one of the second round picks.?

What happened to the other thread. How many post?

16 PM

15 Likes

Hit 10,000 hence a new thread had to be created.

Lol it sounds like it’s still 7am over in Perth.

Jade Rawlings: “ffs, hold your horses. I’m just leaving home now, about to head into the office to meet with the list management team. First we need to stop by a cafe and grab a couple of coffees. Then we’ll get back to you today around 3pm.”

Jason McCartney: “that’s 8pm Melbourne time, I’ll be at home with my family and my phone turned off.”.

Jade Rawlings: “so the Deal needs to be done at 2pm, yeah? I’ll send the paperwork through at 2pm then”

Jason McCartney: “No. No. 2pm Eastern time…”

Rawlings: hangs up.

4 Likes

Misogyny is rampant in the AFL…wait wut?

There’s a cap?

The lengths the Dogs are going to, just to try and sell it to their members is beyond ridiculous. The very people who are furious that we asked for 26 in return for 11 and some late pick are now losing that pick and taking one further down the order. The sheer stupidity is remarkable. I thought Hawthorns trade period last year was atrocious. This may be worse.

6 Likes

His septum’s not the only part of his anatomy left hollowed out by his “lifestyle” choices of the past decades.

??? Do tell

Dogs dealing 3 late seconds for a late 1st sounds about right according to what we got for ours. If you count smith’s value as an early second and next year’s second (in the ‘super draft’)from GWS as of greater value than this year’s late second, so we got a slightly better return than WCE for a slightly better first round.

I could understand that the dogs would be fairly happy, we’re happy to pay Stringer what he is worth (as reported between pick 10-20. (Basically trading the dogs 2/3 of a 1st round pick)

Win-win-win!

1 Like

That’s the theory, but the other was 10001, so I smell a conspiracy

Surely you’ve been around long enough to know my attitude towards people’s feelings…left-wing, PC, new age, namby-pamby feelings.

Pffft!

Particularly Lindsay Thomas’s feelings.

4 Likes

Dodoro today

6 Likes