Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Likely due producers being unable to understand details?

2 Likes

Off topic-yes, but very good call!

Now to Stringer. Watching that highligh reel was quite a revelation for me. I too had not done any pre-trade youtube hyping- and tbh have watched little other than EFC games for several years. That is some serious highlight ā€˜packageā€™ for a 23 yo footballer, infact, a player might be happy with that for an entire career. But the flair and football instinct aside- he actually legitimately looks like he could be a clearence threat in midfield. That is not something I was expecting. I doubt he will ever be the box to box freak that Martin has become - but wow he looks to have some Judd-like explosiveness in extracting from congestion.

Congratulations to Dodoro, keane and X. Campbell. Next season cannot come quick enough.

1 Like

And some people were will willing to sell the farm for him when we ended up getting him for two second rounders.

That, actually, remains to be seen

FFS!!!
W T F is this?
ā€˜infidelity to his estranged partnwerā€™ ???
ARE YOU FOR FARKING REAL???
This is football. Not some FARKING CHURCH CHOIR AUDITION YOU FARKLINMG WANKERS!!!

ok, breathe

11 Likes

PINS BACK THE EARS

1 Like

Iā€™m only guessing but I think it may have a lot to do with X. Campbell. I donā€™t know a great deal about him but from what I have seen of him since he has arrived he has brought a bit more of a fresh approach to the way we do things.

To be fair to all involved at the club over the last ten years it probably started when we made the switch from Windy Hill. I felt we held onto our history a little too tight since 2000 and now we have sort of thrown off the shackles.

Even the subtle things like our media department just seem to be a bit less serious and the relaxed attitude that Woosha has brought to the club in the way that he allows the players to have fun as long as they are taking responsibility for their own games.

Itā€™s hard to truly define but Iā€™m enjoying it and as Dodoro said ā€œwe are relevant again!ā€.

3 Likes

Must admit hadnā€™t seen much of Stringer (donā€™t watch many others play), boy oh boy wow wee, he is like a bull, no wonder the Bulldogs supporters were peeved and broken hearted that heā€™s gone.

Canā€™t wait for 2018 season to start, and I reckon there will be an out stretched arms off between Joey and Stringer :slight_smile:, which would be great. Also (as @Darth_Taj said) the roar when he kicks a goal (will be something).

3 Likes

ā€¦thatā€™s umā€¦i have no words

4 Likes

we have really lacked this sort of aggression in the midfield

What a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  beast, watching him drop 90kg+ players with a one arm shove and then motoring away is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ludicrous

what a hoik on him as well, two steps, right foot 60 metre goal

super excited by next year, bring on 2018!

Notice the arenā€™t any highlights against EFC? Heā€™s always loved us.

2 Likes

Hes ours guys.

Its farking glorious.

4 Likes

Never in a million years I would think this bloke would be on another list that fact heā€™s on ours makes it pretty damm sweet.

Going to love watching this guy play next season.

4 Likes

People just canā€™t stop posting in here out of habit.

3 Likes

Stringer. Oops I slipped

That was far more eloquent than I was going to beā€¦

Heā€™s far too good a player to put us to the sword

4 Likes

I just watched his 2015 highlights - fark he was good that year. He legit has some serious improvement in him. I think we will play him in the right position as well. Exciting times.

I liked this, ā€¦ then unliked it, ā€¦ only because of the last sentence.

No 5 needs to be earnt!.

Maybe retire it for a year, and let everyone w/out permanent revered numbers compete for the barstard in 2018 ā€¦

8 Likes

I donā€™t know why people donā€™t realise that the #5 is about more than just talent.

Iā€™m all in for the package.

But Stringer shouldnā€™t be allowed near it.

8 Likes

Hereā€™s the available numbers that arenā€™t in the nose bleeds
4, 5

• potentially 15, 20, 24, 25, 28

He has 4 or 5 for mine.

I remained in half convinced status over the trade period but after watching the highlights package, ā– ā– ā–  ā€¦ welcome to Essendon!