Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Don the Strash…YESSSSSSSSS

Jeezuz, … it’s way shorter than it used to be!!

What do you call sensible,?? A Number 3 buzz cut? :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re a lout.

2 Likes

So, we’re either giving him 4 or 25?

1 Like

In all seriousness though, what a day that will be for the String.

As for who gets 5, i reckon Stant’s call and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Raz. I’d be happy with that.

4 Likes

Raz is not giving up his lucky number 13

2 Likes

I’m with ya.

I reckon Raz

1 Like

My mistake.
I often think I should google stuff before posting as my memory for detail is so poor Nonetheless it was one of the greatest spectacles to witness.

Just on Huddo, he was so hoping that the Stringer deal would fall over and he would slip through to the cats.

2 Likes

Number 2 if you don’t mind.

I got so used to people telling me I was a number two that I had to follow their advice.

1 Like

If we’re giving #5 to a newbie, it should be Saad. Emphasises the qualities of the jumper.

Hard worker.
Unselfish.
Team player.
Humble.
Worked his butt off to make AFL.
Moments of sheer brilliance.

And I think it would be a great statement to the community to give #5 to a devout Muslim.

10 Likes

Probably not going to truly sink in until Feb next year that this bloke is in the sash. Uber talent and I do think he is still 2-3 years away from his peak. The maturity hasn’t really set in yet but I think this will be a ‘wake up’ call of the highest order.

Is a game changer… in the truest sense… a 10 minute purple patch and the game is over. I believe he will become ‘Hird Like’ in his ability to impact a game that is in the balance. Those moments that just need someone to step up and make it happen. I really believe Stringer could become one of those guys.

I think the club will manage him really well and I’m sure they would be aware that he is probably at a high risk of ‘over training’ during summer break. Will have a point to prove and that could lead to injury.

Fark off season is too long… can’t believe we have to wait another 4 months… so cruel.

4 Likes

Off season too long or Fark off, the season is too long?

6 Likes

I was probably meaning the off-season is too long… but potentially the season is too long or too short… either has to be 17 rounds or 34 rounds… 22 is neither here nor there.

2 Likes

It’s not going to be 17 or 34…forget it.

Might go out to 24, but I doubt it.

TV contracts won’t wont the first, players’ bodies won’t allow the second.

1 Like

I’d tend to agree that our game isn’t suited to a 34 round competition without having larger lists and getting used to a soccer/baseball style ‘rotation’ of top players.

I’d love to see a 17 round competition with possibly a 3 week ’ state of origin’ period or something instead.

Essentially anything that reduces the blatant AFL manipulation of results and success with an unfair draw etc etc.

1 Like

TBF, has his bathwater ever lied?

2 Likes

And in the process annihilated a few handy players in Fletch, T Watson, J Hird & in one of those classic Sheed’s WTF nonsense moves, Chris Daniher

1 Like

I’m surprised that in all the discussion of #5 and its significance in recent history, no-one has suggested Zac Merrett as the next recipient. I like Fanta and Heppell as much as anyone, but Merrett, above all other current players, has all the attributes and character of a player for whom you would reserve a revered number.
Ask him if he wants to move, and if he does, it should be his.
4 x 200+ gamers in a row.

11 Likes

Geelong were looming during the whole trade period hoping the deal will fall over thank fark it didn’t happen.