Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

We didn’t give him anything, James Hird did.

1 Like

Even in retirement he is still much maligned. As for the highlighted phrase? Utter bullcrap.

8 Likes

I had it back to front Mercs to grenvold who goaled

@3.26

1 Like

Ablett must have gotten about 4 goals from soft frees, or a couple of dodgy marking decisions. He went into a few packs, hardly got touched, threw an arm up in the air and then the whistle went. Some of the softest frees you will ever see, ridonculous.

1 Like

Yep, the stars have always been looked after.

I think Joey will start to get a bit more attention from the umps this year.

1 Like

I remember that. Waverley was both full, and full to capacity. 70-80k from memory, with people sitting on the steps. It’s not purely nostalgic to say that the pre season comp used to be more interesting.

That game was also the first time I remember really noticing that James Hird had a bit of something special about him.

5 Likes

Everybody understood your context.

You are entitled to your opinion. Nobody has disrespected anyone regarding your opinion except you; you as HM pointed out slandered Stants.

You also strongly challenged whether he was a leader; you are wrong.

What I would say is when you imply someone is not a leader, then call them a short stepper - you’d better have your facts right.

1 Like

Looking forward to training reports from JM & others- can’t wait to hear how they’re all training the house down.

3 Likes

They said 77K but it was so full…aisles were chockers. And there were 15 or 20 thousand who couldn’t get in.

If Hawthorn and St Kilda got 91K there legit, i reckon there were 95k inside and 20k outside.

I, and a few mates, left at half-time and watched thesecond half on TV. i lived off North Rd and with no-one else on the road, it was an easy drive home.

We essentially stayed the night in the car park, from memory.

2 Likes

Doesn’t make it false either.

No, it doesn’t.

The fact that it bears no resemblance to reality DOES make it false though.

3 Likes

Not if he dives like he started to towards the end of the year. Needs to get that out of his game quick smart

Yeah, I can never understand the whole diving thing. If the frees there pay it whether a bit of mayo has been put on or not.

The reason Joe does add mayo onto it is because he wasn’t getting paid the ones he should have been.

Some get looked after, and others don’t.

We have always been raped by the umps for as long as I can remember.

It’s no coincidence that successful teams usually get a good run by the umpires. Richmond, Dogs and Hawthorn have been good examples of that in recent times.

2 Likes

I believe he is a Jedi. In one highlight reel, I saw Jake stick his arm out as if he was going to do a don’t argue, but before his hand could touch his opponents body, the opponent flew back and onto the ground.

1 Like

As you have since corrected, reverse order. The tap and kick were both delicate spot-on perfect. At that moment they made the game look very easy.

The ground was so full that night. Its the only game I’ve ever enjoyed at Waverley.

As much as I think Stringer is going to be an absolute gun for us, he needs to earn the #5 sash.

1 Like

If he was a Jedi I imagine his gambling would have been more successful

3 Likes

Took me 2 hours from Ringwood just to get parked in the ground. At one point I got out from behind the wheel to take a leak (Wellington Rd was paddocks at the time) and the car didn’t need to move. Waited an eternity in the queue, then finally got in when a crowd of guys bum-rushed the cyclone fence and it gave way (after the game had started).
Had to sit in an aisle but eventually got a pew midway through the 3Q when the Tigers fans began to leave.
If there wasn’t 100,000 there that night I’ll go he for tiggy…

1 Like