Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

I’m missing sarcasm or a joke yeh?

Would be good to take out a few opposition players in a granny, though. :wink:

Already bought the publishing/film rights to the first Stringer thread, production for the movie starts in a month. The sequel’s gonna be even better like Missing in Action II.

The script wrote itself.

1 Like

The waiting drove me mad
You’re finally here and I’m a mess

3 Likes

Thats because they are all potential leaders and from nice families.

Need to bring in some talent from Frankston, Broadie and other such places where life is about survival.

2 Likes

A blond-headed mormon from Lakemba?

Can’t stop thinking about any team ever in the competition ever wanting tippet.

3 Likes

If you want a good idea of how good Dermie is at predicting how good someone will get (and a really good laugh), look up his column about D martin from very early in his career.

1 Like

Choked bad in the prelim this year.

Can’t think of any other times though.

The Tokyo Goannas may be keen. Also, the Bali Geckos. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep.

But I hear a lot of blitzers criticise fwds for being inconsistent. People say it about Walla.

It makes me shake my head and wonder whether people realise that it’s par for the course for fwds in the modern era. Look at Franklin, one of the great players of the last 20 years. Coz he’s a fwd.

Asked a good journo to check with Swans Management and they noted back to him they are currently not in talks with Dogs…as of today(granted not all tell the truth). Likely Eagles if that’s the case or take 25-30 ■■■■■■■

8 Likes

this is so ■■■■■■. not happening today, will go down to the wire.

Can people just recap where we are at with the Stringer trade for the purposes of this thread? In detail covering all the scenarios / commentary of the last fortnight would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kind of hope it does. That last day/few hours of Caddyfest were something else.

4 Likes

Everything has been proposed. May or may not happen though.

1 Like

According to CAS it only takes a couple of whisps of a spider’s web to make a cable.

2 Likes

Please just get this over with Jackets.

its only 11am. recruiters seem to have discussions all day and then lodge trades at the end of the day. or at least after lunch time

If the Stringer deal falls over, Lindsay Thomas should be available.

What?..

Ok, I heard that.

1 Like