Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Cheeky buggers :grinning:

22 Likes

Must have been such a weird feeling putting on all the kit and not knowing 110% if the trade as going to go through.

7 Likes

Umm… doing it wrong…

3 Likes

Damn right it needs to happen, and he needs to perform at a level worthy of that position each and every week.

But this will require exponential improvement in nearly all aspects of his game - endurance, decision making, aggression, winning the ball. Time will tell.

Considering I’d have valued him enough to have a downgrade of our 2018 1st in play, i can only applaud the club. An astonishing trade period overall for us.

12 Likes

Not enough Bulldog tears.
Where are they?

Bulldogs facebook page has quite a few… :wink:

Yeah my thoughts. Imagine having these photos on file if it never happened.

1 Like
51 Likes

https://twitter.com/grant_finlayson/status/920832319421800448

5 Likes

Looking at the highlights he looks about 187 cm but turns out he is 192???

A cm shorter than ambrose, and similar weight. Bigger n I thought!

Second time I have seen this comment. So many questions…:thinking:
I’ll refrain.

6 Likes

Well, they do say the card game bridge is like sex.

If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a damn good hand.

24 Likes

The key in these negotiations is not to cave in & increase your offer cause time is running short, otherwise word gets around about how panicy Disco is & other clubs will take advantage in future years.
We held firm on both Stringer & Carlisle 2 years ago & this signals to other clubs to forget about playing the waiting game on us because we will not change tactics regardless.
So when offers are put on the table by Disco, all clubs now know that we will stick to our guns. It’s a tactic worth sticking too, even if you miss out on some trades because of it.

8 Likes

Then you get hacked by St Kilda school girl. I reckon they’d then rather be caught with their gear hanging out.

That time he was heading back to check out the facilities was really for a photo shoot. Weird huh!

That’s why when they asked people like Watson or Lloyd what was going to happen they were always confident Jake would get there.

1 Like

TBH they actually did ok.

For Stringer they got pick 16 and Schache a pick 2 from 2 years ago.
For a player they kicked out.

If they would have given up pick 16 for Schache then it’s a whole other thing but they did ok.

1 Like

Ooooo i see how it is

In the post announcement after glow I need to confess something.

I actually like the Bulldogs.

There I said it

5 Likes

Would have been strange for Stringer having those photos done before the deal was done. I would have been inclined to leak them to embarrass the Bulldogs if he ended up having to go back there.