Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

Carlton disgusts me.

Despite all those picks over the years they still haven’t had any success

STRINGER!!!

1 Like

The Joe and String show!

Both love to celebrate a goal

That fact that he and senile Bruce call prime time games is a blight on our society.

2 Likes

I know everybody was playing it cool, like “Yeah, I’m not even fussed about Stringer; Saad and Smith were the important ones.”

Yes, Saad and Smith are great pick ups, but Stringer is the most talented player we’ve traded into our club since I’ve been watching footy.

The Gary Ablett Snr comparisons were awkwardly premature, but not totally off the mark imo. When Stringer is on fire, just kick the ball in his general direction, and goals happen.

I’m sure it might even take a year or two for him to sort his sh*t out, but when he does… Look out.

There was a game against Adelaide in 2015 where he kicked six, and I reckon it’s one of the most dominant individual displays I’ve seen in many years. He just mauled them.

He’s a freakshow who I loved watching at the dogs, and now he plays for us.

40 Likes

Joe celebrations are pretty relaxed. Just slot it, finger twirl and bring the love. Stringer and Hooksy are more similar. Fist pump and scream. BTW, Joe is going to go to another level next season and I don’t think I can contain myself. He is going to be unstoppable. Screamers, pack marks, on the lead, linking up in the middle, pinch hitting in the ruck and taking advantage. Nailing the big goalskis all over the place. With guys like Stringer around him this is just crazy good. String needs to get into the game without being the focus as much though. Woosha isn’t going to play him unless he can stand in the center contests and go forward to support effectively. I’m sure it will happen though.

2 Likes

If Stringer excites you, you would have loved the late 70’s.

1 Like

I get this feeling Stringer and Joe will feed off each other, in a “oh you think that’s an impossible goal, hold my gatorade”

12 Likes

If they all kick 1 goal each that’s 6 goals per game. :neutral_face:

Hmm

We have 7+ years of arsey goals from Joe, Stringer, Fantasia, Tippa & Smith, get ready for some seriously good highlights.

5 Likes

Thanks for keeping us a little bit sane, Mr Sunbury!

I’m just wondering how a team can defend the forward line?!

They now need to choose between Daniher, Hooker, Stringer and Stewart on who to put their first and 2nd defenders on. The thought of Daniher/Hooker/Stringer playing on a 3rd best defender is ridiculous. Also means Stewart will often be hard to match up again…and then we’ll have Fantasia and Tippa zipping around too.

Plus the likes of Heppell, Zaharakis, Merrett and Smith all running in from the midfield to pick up a goal or two.

1 Like

They don’t need to stop our forwards if they win the midfield battle. That will be the story of 2018.

2 Likes

I think the worst is Ling although I guess he’s special comments.

Long will be dirty as F that smith and stringer chose us. He will be harsh on us and those two.

Just wait for the “that not a team play like we did at Geelong” “stringer doesn’t work hard enough like we did at Geelong”

1 Like

I held off looking at the Stringer highlights until we had him. They are just highlights but wow. Definitely the most talented trade l’ve seen us bring in. He’s so quick as well for a pretty big guy. Really happy to have him and worth the risk.

I heard ch7 management were well aware of Basil and Lingys reception from the public and were considering giving them the boot. I liked Basil when he would do the “footy central” news updates but he is attrocious on the call. Hes not quick enough for it. Ling is just terrible. Biased, ill informed, never shuts up, annoying.

16 Likes

Josh Green.

2 Likes