Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

I recommend seeing your doctor, because that erection is going to last more than four hours.

1 Like

Que??

I can see hanging on to 31 for Mason Fletcherā€¦if he makes it AND he wants it.

But all other numbers should be handed out when they become free.

6 Likes

15 for Stringer I reckon.

1 Like

Someoneā€™s gotta get 4 and 5. itā€™s either Stringer, Saad, Smith, pick 48, or else someone gets a new number.

You donā€™t always have the luxury of waiting around for the next Hird/TD to show up before entrusting them with the #5. Sometimes youā€™ve gotta hand it over and say ā€œright, youā€™ve gotta grow into thatā€

3 Likes

Give Stringer 4 and 5

13 Likes

Give Stringer 45

Heppell?!?!

1 Like

Details, details ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Whatā€™s wrong with 21?

That would just be a token change.

I wouldnā€™t mind putting money on Smith getting 4 and Stringer 5.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be offended by that.
Bringing these boys up onto the stage in this order after the 2018 GF would be just fine by me; and FMD Jakeā€™s already been up to collect the normie.

Well it does equal 9

Jake Johannison??

1 Like

Not worthy?
Gonna fail?
Or gonna be an absolute faaarking match-winning game breaking multiple premiership winning Bomber legend!!!
Letā€™s not start Jakeā€™s career with us treating him like heā€™s got some faaarking disease.
Letā€™s give him the honour of wearing #5 on his back for this magnificent club & educate him as to what this # means to us & challenge him to create his own legend in # 5 for the greatest footy club in our land!!

3 Likes

#5 should be reserved for a bonafide leader on and off the field.

Fantasia is renowned as a super hard worker, most coachable player and just won the most improved.

He is also super skilled.

Thatā€™s the type of player who should be #5.

Not a guy in the media for not training hard enough and all the other BS that has resulted in his cessation with Dogs

This is not being overly critical. I love Stringer the the player and Iā€™m pumped we got him. I rate him in the top 5 players on our list.

But that alone doesnā€™t equate to #5.

8 Likes

I think he means Stringer was up 5 minutes earlier in 2018 to collect the Normie

1 Like

FMD - past tense on a futuristic topic is confusing

2 Likes

@Deckham & @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS @SplitRound

For some reason you guys seem to strike me as people with sensible haircuts. I then suspect you agree with me on this (even though my haircut is not sensible), if not, great.

Why do so many blitzers not understand that dishing out number 5 is about more than football prowess?

2 Likes

If you could see my head, youā€™d realise that a sensible haircut is non-sensical!!
Youā€™re generalising.
I suspect Iā€™ve been watching the Bombers for longer than you (not necessarily relevant) & very-much understand the significance of our #5.
Iā€™d like to see James present it to Jake with the message being this is the enormous honour we are passing on to you which we believe you will live up to.

Iā€™m weird when it comes to numbers. The mystique of a number to me is giving to a young kid and watching them grow into it, saying to a 19 year old ā€œwe reckon you can make history in this number. Go prove us rightā€. I like McGrath (who letā€™s be honest probably would have got 5 if it was available last year) walking straight into 1 and Parish being 3 from day one. Iā€™m of the mind that putting players into new numbers after you know whether theyā€™re going to be any good is kind of cheating.

That said, Iā€™d say if one of the new guys is going to get 5, Iā€™d say itā€™s probably Smith. But who knows? Maybe Stanton has someone he wants to give it to, it his number right now after all. On top of which maybe Stringer really wants a multiple of 9 or 3 or something.

And for the record, my haircut is more utilitarian than sensible.

7 Likes