{STRIPS >>> Nuggets} Rd.19 Non Essendon Games

Eagles are dead set weak as pis*.

They are giving North another finals lifeline here… who play the Lions next week.

FFS.

Unfortunately North have a pretty easy run home (Bears up there, Footscray, those chokers in Adelaide over there, and St Kilda).

Quite plausible they win all of them.

WCE need to clamp down on the percentage damage right now.

Lions at the Gabba is no sure thing. I’d be tipping Brizzy myself.

1 Like

The sting in the tail of the WCE v Norf match will be the morons in the Perth media promptly forgetting this aberration and focussing on their premiership chances. Ch 7 - West Australian paper may as well invoice WCE for free publicity and avoidance of any semblance of asking a difficult question.

Ive used the naughty ladder predictor. My crystal ball has:
IF NTH WIN: Nth 8th, Ess 9th (on %), WCE 6th (at season’s end)
IF WCE WIN: Nth 10th, Ess 8th, WCE 4th

So this is one of the biggest non-Essendon quarters for the season coming up. Serves you right Eagles - lose this and you’ll lose your double chance.

Um there is not a breath of wind here at the moment, I live about 5 mins away from the ground

1 Like

Nothing seems to be going our way…would love just one of the teams we’d like to lose to do just that!

If this sh*t fest North team make the finals over us… it would be a travesty.

Scott ranting and raving at every decision against north…there’s not many more unlikeable ■■■■■■ than the both of them is there

3 Likes

Can we please stop interviewing the players right before they go to the huddles? They ask the most inane questions and get stale run of the mill responses. It is pointless and clearly just annoys the captains.

2 Likes

It’s why the FIXture is my single biggest annoyance in the AFL - more than anything. Compare Norths FIXture versus ours - that is why they will make it over us, despite our disgusting performances in R3 v Dogs and R8 vs FCarlton.

Please explain why the shrieking idiots we endure as commentators have seemingly just latched onto Majak and Allir in much the same way they have with Buddy for the past decade.

And WCE have blown this. And 39 points in three and half quarters of footy ain’t premiership material Eagles fans.

Yep. They’ve been woeful.

Useless prikks.

North got/get two games versus Suns, Saints, Dogs and Lions.
Essendon got/get ONE game versus Suns, Saints, Dogs and Lions.

In a season that looks like North getting into the finals over us by mere percentage, one has their head in the sand if they don’t believe the FIXture has anything but a SIGNIFICANT impact to the ladder.

Fark Norf. Going to be nearly impossible now.

It’s over. That grub Scott Thompson is likely to play finals. Let that sink in.

Well Nth finished 15th, and we finished 7th, (after having a draw last year like they have this year) so that’s the way it is supposed to work.

1 Like

Our only real hope (by the various relatively believable scenarios left) is for Brisbane to beat them at the Gabba next week. Failing that, I don’t think we can make it by the looks, unless we win our last 4 (Ive never assumed we would, given there is the Tigers on the G, and Port in Adel).

I think the Lions can definitely beat North at the Gabba.

Although North did beat them up there last year & now they are back in the finals hunt, they may have greater motivation.

Short turnaround though.