I’d prefer to call it a foofer valve.

But I’m ■■■■ like that.

1 Like

Pfoofer?

The p is silent, as in bath.

1 Like

You can certainly hear the Rs

1 Like

I’m booked in next week for an umbilical one. Surgeon is also going to do vasectomy…from the same keyhole. Said it is straightforward.

:astonished::astonished::astonished:

I was off my office office based job 3 weeks. For me the issue wasnt work its getting to work. The train trip was hell

Had it done. The surgery was a success (Right side near groin). They fixed a Hydrocelle too in the testi.

Off work for 4 weeks as I couldn’t lift heavy Items. Still suffer slight pain every now and again but right as rain.

Pooing after can be a ■■■■■ the first time.

I’m no surgeon, but, if you’re getting a vasectomy done through the same incision as the hernia…that seems odd.

1 Like

Abso ■■■■■■■ loutley.

Our bed also sits very low. Couldn’t even get into it for a week and sleept on the couch for a week. First night back in the bed was the night the hematoma burst. Woke up in a pool of my own blood. Scary as ■■■■.

Not if the hernia is close to the groin id think

Edit: Oh yeah he said umbilical. Yeah thats weird

Very fkn odd indeed. :no_mouth:

I’d have more than a few questions about that.

Nah it’s the belly button.

There is a reason for it being done that way though.

Firstly, this is the internet, so listen to your surgeon…not me that’s for sure.

Having had a bit of a look, there’s definitely some techniques which do have hernia repair + vasectomy, which I wasn’t aware of.

Had a mother look at the anatomy, and I guess they could take down the Vas while they are there, rather than go back in through the ■■■■■■■.

Makes sense, just never seen/heard of it before.

You’ll be better off on both fronts once you recover.

1 Like

While you’re down there!

1 Like

my last op they stole my belly button now people might think i am a clone

Or wouldn’t know you from Adam.

1 Like

Even if your mum’s qualified, that’s still a bit weird!

1 Like

Completely snapped my right patella tendon as well as ACL in August last year. Finally able to take some steps at home with no crutches. Still on one for most of the day.
It’s been a very long and gruelling process of physio post surgery. Still stuck at only an 80 degree bend. Back to surgeon in 2 weeks for an update.

4 Likes

Ouch!!

Keep at it mate, … you’ll get there.

1 Like