Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

No I thought that Jyn had something more than a passing visual resemblance to Rey, and they both characters showed wild and indomitable personalities. And why couldn’t Jyn and Andor get it on? Well apart from one big reason.

No I thought that Jyn had something more than a passing visual resemblance to Rey, and they both characters showed wild and indomitable personalities. And why couldn't Jyn and Andor get it on? Well apart from one big reason.

That one big reason is a pretty good reason as to why I can’t see them being parents.

It didn’t feel like a star wars movie

It was like you know the ending just wanted to see how to get there like episode 3

Saw it tonight. Can’t believe the reaction in here. It was good. Really really good.

It’s a movie where we already knew the ending and yet the battle and the stakes felt very meaningful (this was absolutely not the case with the battles in TFA).

The best Star Wars moments are the dark ones. This movie gets that. It wasn’t light and breezy like the main movies. But it didn’t try to be, and that’s ok. It was a war movie, and it was a damn good one.

Some of the characters were underdeveloped, sure. But I can forgive that.

Last 20 minutes were exceptional.

The effects were the best of any SW movie in my opinion. Hyper realistic. You felt the claustrophobia and tension of the battles and you saw the actual consquences of a Death Star blast.

Vader went on an ■■■-kicking spree. I did not think we would see that, and it was brutal. One of the best Vader scenes in any movie. I loved how the Rebels were clearly petrified about being in the presence of a monster at the peak of his powers.

Lots and lots of Easter eggs to keep the nerds happy.

Felicity Jones is pretty hot, in a might bite your ■■■■ off kind of way. I dig that.

What’s not to like?

8/10

^^^^^
Agreed, liked it a lot. Thought the droid K2 was funny as…the last part was like they were riding into Vietnam in a helicopter.

Saw it tonight. Can't believe the reaction in here. It was good. Really really good.

It’s a movie where we already knew the ending and yet the battle and the stakes felt very meaningful (this was absolutely not the case with the battles in TFA).

The best Star Wars moments are the dark ones. This movie gets that. It wasn’t light and breezy like the main movies. But it didn’t try to be, and that’s ok. It was a war movie, and it was a damn good one.

Some of the characters were underdeveloped, sure. But I can forgive that.

Last 20 minutes were exceptional.

The effects were the best of any SW movie in my opinion. Hyper realistic. You felt the claustrophobia and tension of the battles and you saw the actual consquences of a Death Star blast.

Vader went on an ■■■-kicking spree. I did not think we would see that, and it was brutal. One of the best Vader scenes in any movie. I loved how the Rebels were clearly petrified about being in the presence of a monster at the peak of his powers.

Lots and lots of Easter eggs to keep the nerds happy.

Felicity Jones is pretty hot, in a might bite your ■■■■ off kind of way. I dig that.

What’s not to like?

8/10

Well said!

It’s a good thing that Vader forgot he had force pull powers to ■■■■■■ it out of the rebels hands, otherwise the plans wouldn’t have made the Tantive IV

Lol.

No I thought that Jyn had something more than a passing visual resemblance to Rey, and they both characters showed wild and indomitable personalities. And why couldn't Jyn and Andor get it on? Well apart from one big reason.

That one big reason is a pretty good reason as to why I can’t see them being parents.

Which is why I said earlier that “I thought I may have found Rey’s parents too.” As opposed to saying I did. Also I was not to forthcoming around the comments as I did not want to spoil it even though there are spoilers advertised in the thread, I just did not want to do that.

It was splendid. And, so much easter egg goodness too!

Two thumbs up.

It's a good thing that Vader forgot he had force pull powers to ■■■■■■ it out of the rebels hands, otherwise the plans wouldn't have made the Tantive IV

And were they standing in the vacuum of space watching that shuttle take off?

It's a good thing that Vader forgot he had force pull powers to ■■■■■■ it out of the rebels hands, otherwise the plans wouldn't have made the Tantive IV

I wish you’d go stand in the vacuum of space

GUIs aren't quite as advanced as propulsion and weapons systems in this galaxy far, far away.

Data storage advances also appear to be sadly lacking.

Data transfer rate though, wowee

I bet THEY didn’t have copper from the node.

You know when you read reviews of movies, then go and watch the movie, and think “I must have watched a different movie to the reviewer”?

Not sure how anyone could watch that movie and not be entertained and just enjoy it. Star Wars storyline, Star Wars battles, Star Wars action scenes, Star Wars characters, what’s not to like?

For a stand alone Star Wars movie thats about as good as they could have done.

Fair bit of that in the three originals.

Ok, I’m not going to go through this thread, and just popped in here to give my view on the movie, having just come back.
It’s farkin terrible.
I mean - I love Sci-Fi, and I am more than familiar with the customary practice of turning a blind eye to obvious story-holes and techno-waffle for the sake of a good story. But COME ON! With a reputation unsurpassed, a huge budget, good actors - why the fark did they have to make such a god-awful film?

Pointless going through the whole thing - but for example…you travel through hyperspace, bluff your way through a farkin planet-enveloping force-field using a stolen Empire ship, so that you and a crack squad of harden mercenaries can fight your way through butter-soft, white carapaced marshmallows, to climb up into a 1000ft tower based in the middle of an island paradise, then work out how to control a farkin mechanical arm to retrieve an 8-Farkin-TRACK cassette that has schematics that show some ridiculous excuse for a ‘flaw’ on it, but when that goes awry, you leap across to a central tower and grab said 8-track, then climb up through this farkin data-tower and get to console where you then insert the 8-track and pull a FARKIN BIG LEVER to basically send a FARKIN EMAIL to a waiting and orbiting space ship - but not before some farkin brain-fried pilot runs a 100ft 2" thick cable across a landing strip and plugs it into…something…and some farkin SUPERFROG send his teeny little boat-sized farkin craft into an Imperial ship the size of ITALY and makes it crash into another one and like farkin BILLIARDS they happen to crash through into the shield controller so this FARKIN EMAIL CAN GET THROUGH, but wait - Darth Farkin ‘i won’t break into a sweat’ Vader gets to the scene as the EMAIL is copied onto a FARKIN CARD and HAND-FARKIN-PASSED from person to person through a rapidly disintegrating ship…to …oh WTF. Whatever.
Die, Star Wars die.

Well there’s no way I’m watching it now !

People who complain about Star Wars movies being unrealistic are worse than ball cancer

Pointless going through the whole thing - but for example.....you travel through hyperspace, bluff your way through a farkin planet-enveloping force-field using a stolen Empire ship, so that you and a crack squad of harden mercenaries can fight your way through butter-soft, white carapaced marshmallows, to climb up into a 1000ft tower based in the middle of an island paradise, then work out how to control a farkin mechanical arm to retrieve an 8-Farkin-TRACK cassette that has schematics that show some ridiculous excuse for a 'flaw' on it, but when that goes awry, you leap across to a central tower and grab said 8-track, then climb up through this farkin data-tower and get to console where you then insert the 8-track and pull a FARKIN BIG LEVER to basically send a FARKIN EMAIL to a waiting and orbiting space ship - but not before some farkin brain-fried pilot runs a 100ft 2" thick cable across a landing strip and plugs it into....something....and some farkin SUPERFROG send his teeny little boat-sized farkin craft into an Imperial ship the size of ITALY and makes it crash into another one and like farkin BILLIARDS they happen to crash through into the shield controller so this FARKIN EMAIL CAN GET THROUGH, but wait - Darth Farkin 'i won't break into a sweat' Vader gets to the scene as the EMAIL is copied onto a FARKIN CARD and HAND-FARKIN-PASSED from person to person through a rapidly disintegrating ship...to ....oh WTF. Whatever. Die, Star Wars die.
So what you’re saying is that it’s like that Hobbit sequence in the caves — clearly they designed the game on rails first, then pretended it was a good idea for a movie.

While that wasn’t what annoyed me about the film, the need to use some joystick at the end of a 100ft bridge to no where was kiiiiiiiiinda ridiculous.