Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

While that wasn't what annoyed me about the film, the need to use some joystick at the end of a 100ft bridge to no where was kiiiiiiiiinda ridiculous.

Yeah, at that point, it became a farce to me, and I just started laughing about it.

People who complain about Star Wars movies being unrealistic are worse than ball cancer

Harsh, man.

I want Deckham to review every movie from now on.

People who complain about Star Wars movies being unrealistic are worse than ball cancer

Harsh, man.

If it makes you feel better, most of your posts are not quite as bad as ball cancer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely a close run thing, but most of the time you come out on top

Ok, I'm not going to go through this thread, and just popped in here to give my view on the movie, having just come back. It's farkin terrible. I mean - I love Sci-Fi, and I am more than familiar with the customary practice of turning a blind eye to obvious story-holes and techno-waffle for the sake of a good story. But COME ON! With a reputation unsurpassed, a huge budget, good actors - why the fark did they have to make such a god-awful film?

Pointless going through the whole thing - but for example…you travel through hyperspace, bluff your way through a farkin planet-enveloping force-field using a stolen Empire ship, so that you and a crack squad of harden mercenaries can fight your way through butter-soft, white carapaced marshmallows, to climb up into a 1000ft tower based in the middle of an island paradise, then work out how to control a farkin mechanical arm to retrieve an 8-Farkin-TRACK cassette that has schematics that show some ridiculous excuse for a ‘flaw’ on it, but when that goes awry, you leap across to a central tower and grab said 8-track, then climb up through this farkin data-tower and get to console where you then insert the 8-track and pull a FARKIN BIG LEVER to basically send a FARKIN EMAIL to a waiting and orbiting space ship - but not before some farkin brain-fried pilot runs a 100ft 2" thick cable across a landing strip and plugs it into…something…and some farkin SUPERFROG send his teeny little boat-sized farkin craft into an Imperial ship the size of ITALY and makes it crash into another one and like farkin BILLIARDS they happen to crash through into the shield controller so this FARKIN EMAIL CAN GET THROUGH, but wait - Darth Farkin ‘i won’t break into a sweat’ Vader gets to the scene as the EMAIL is copied onto a FARKIN CARD and HAND-FARKIN-PASSED from person to person through a rapidly disintegrating ship…to …oh WTF. Whatever.
Die, Star Wars die.

The Imperial storm troopers have always been butter soft. l wouldn’t expect them to HTFU any time soon.

Ok, I'm not going to go through this thread, and just popped in here to give my view on the movie, having just come back. It's farkin terrible. I mean - I love Sci-Fi, and I am more than familiar with the customary practice of turning a blind eye to obvious story-holes and techno-waffle for the sake of a good story. But COME ON! With a reputation unsurpassed, a huge budget, good actors - why the fark did they have to make such a god-awful film?

Pointless going through the whole thing - but for example…you travel through hyperspace, bluff your way through a farkin planet-enveloping force-field using a stolen Empire ship, so that you and a crack squad of harden mercenaries can fight your way through butter-soft, white carapaced marshmallows, to climb up into a 1000ft tower based in the middle of an island paradise, then work out how to control a farkin mechanical arm to retrieve an 8-Farkin-TRACK cassette that has schematics that show some ridiculous excuse for a ‘flaw’ on it, but when that goes awry, you leap across to a central tower and grab said 8-track, then climb up through this farkin data-tower and get to console where you then insert the 8-track and pull a FARKIN BIG LEVER to basically send a FARKIN EMAIL to a waiting and orbiting space ship - but not before some farkin brain-fried pilot runs a 100ft 2" thick cable across a landing strip and plugs it into…something…and some farkin SUPERFROG send his teeny little boat-sized farkin craft into an Imperial ship the size of ITALY and makes it crash into another one and like farkin BILLIARDS they happen to crash through into the shield controller so this FARKIN EMAIL CAN GET THROUGH, but wait - Darth Farkin ‘i won’t break into a sweat’ Vader gets to the scene as the EMAIL is copied onto a FARKIN CARD and HAND-FARKIN-PASSED from person to person through a rapidly disintegrating ship…to …oh WTF. Whatever.
Die, Star Wars die.

The Imperial storm troopers have always been butter soft. l wouldn’t expect them to HTFU any time soon.

Remember the Ewoks knocking them out with sticks?
The Empire’s a joke.

While that wasn't what annoyed me about the film, the need to use some joystick at the end of a 100ft bridge to no where was kiiiiiiiiinda ridiculous.

They’re clearly just setting it up Rogue One: Episode 2. This will tell the story of Jelston Ishko (Stellan Skarsgard), reluctant Imperial architect and friend of the death star designer. Jelston designs the Imperial Archives Building with a deliberate flaw to facilitate the rebel attack to steal the death star plans. For some inexplicable reason, no one questions why a computer is installed outdoors on the roof of the archive building with no security protocols required to transmit data.

Early drafts of Rogue One: Episode 3 indicate that that film will deal largely with the Imperial Commission established to investigate the procurement failures of the Death Star and the Imperial Archives Building.

Oh for freaks sake.

Saw it today, and still processing it all! Need to see it again i think. There were some lame bits but the vast majority was enjoyable. It was 3D at IMAX and that added some extra punch to some of the scenes.

The easter eggs were good! “watch yourself” :smiley:

Watch the final two mins before its taken down. Fantastic ending.

Die, Star Wars die.

Remember the Ewoks knocking them out with sticks?
The Empire’s a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-S_nRLPHA

hahahahahahaha…waving around that flouro tube like he was playing swordfights at a urinal lmfao…

Quality rant there Deckham

I honest to god can’t remember any of the characters names. The first 40min or so was the movie version of a bullet point list of names and places - just burned through them without any real investment in them. I also didn’t like the score - didn’t fit with the darker tone.

Beyond that, the action scenes were good fun.

Oh, and that scene with Vader appearing out of the darkness via the glow of his lightsaber was pretty baller.

Would have been one thousands times better if that was all we saw of him.

The scene where the main chick gets brought in for questioning and the grumpy general questions her is the most exposition-y exposition scene that ever expositioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-S_nRLPHA

Love the tepid applause at the end.

That scene where vader was wiping out rebel soldier after rebel soldier was one of the best scenes of the year.

So many grat scenes, the beach battle scenes were epic.

Im going to have to see it again as i didnt catch a lot of the easter eggs as i was so engrossed in the story.

It was nice to see that jimmy smits is still alive

It was nice to see that jimmy smits is still alive

Barely.

I saw it last night. I liked it a lot. Sure it had some weak points, but I wasn’t expecting it to be perfect.
I liked the robot too, why wouldn’t you?