Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

Saw it, really really liked it. A couple of minor gripes but otherwise think it is easily the best star wars movie outside of the originals.

Will post in more detail later on

Iā€™m confused.
Some like it,some love it and others donā€™t like it at all.
Have to wait until after Christmas Day to go see it.

Donā€™t be confused Sammy. This is a 50 / 50 world !

Cons: CGI original charterers, tarkin should have been recast, liea was unnecessary. Thought the score let it down a little. Opening title was straight to video release stuff.

Pretty much everything else I loved.

Loved that they killed everyone. Loved how gritty and desperate the battles were. Loved the moustaches. Loved gold and red leader appearances

Vader scenes were bravely horrifying. Liked that they took care to have the anh helmet design.

Don't be confused Sammy. This is a 50 / 50 world !

Iā€™ve always looked at it as 51/50.

My only significant anh/r1 continuity issue is that the empire just picked up a shed load of prisoners and we are to believe not one gave up the location of the rebel base saving the empire the need to track the millennium falcon and blow up alderaan to try and elicit the info from Leia

Just ruminating on the score again. It really highlights for me just how incredible Williamsā€™ work in the original trilogy is. If us like another character that carries the emotional tempo of the filmā€™s.

Here the composer had quite obviously tried to mimic Williams sound with brass and Rythem being prominent. But he fails to capture the subtle melodies that hide it the structure of the rythems and doesnā€™t quite carry the iconic character themes that Williams composed.

That said Williams didnā€™t get there again either in tfa IMO.

Saw it last night at Imax in 3D. I really enjoyed it.

Couple of stand out moments:
When the rebel fleet came out of hyperspace I felt like I was eight years old again.
Vaderā€™s reveal from the dark and he turns on his lightsaber was epic.

There was a lot to take in and I would like to see it again to see what I missed out on first time around. There were plenty of tie-ins to ANH and I thought the continuity was pretty good. Iā€™m sure a few issues will come to light when viewed on the small screen and Iā€™m not having my senses assaulted like they were at Imax. Was it just me or did the data centre look like it was on a man-made island in Abu Dhabi?

But all in all, it was a fun movie to watch. Animators still canā€™t do CGI faces though.

So much stuff in the current trailer on TV, that didnt make the final cut.

They totally reworked Scariff.

Makes me think that the characters might have been fleshed out a bit more on the original storyline, which meant I might have given more of a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about then being on a suicide mission.

I thought it was pretty good after a slow build during the first half of the film. I much preferred TFA, but I did appreciate the darker tone of the story.

But since we like to gripe around these parts: Considering the rebels managed to get away with the plans for the Death Star, and that it is made plainly obvious to the Empire that a fatal flaw was engineered into said Death Star (Jyn told Krennic exactly that), youā€™d think that the Empire, with itā€™s vast resources, would run a pretty thorough security of audit of their planet killer. Iā€™d previously assumed that the plans were stolen without the Empireā€™s knowledge so that there would be no opportunity to address the Death Starā€™s fatal flaw.

Youā€™ve got to remember that Episode 1 starts straight after Rogue 1. Not sure what time period ANH runs over, letā€™s say 2 weeks, so thatā€™s how long the Empire has to comb over a ship the size of a moon to find a 2foot wide hole. Not a lot of time I wouldā€™ve thought.

Saw it last night at IMAX. Enjoyed it, although agreed there was some character development missing. Didnā€™t even notice the score, which was a disappoinment in hindsight.

Loved the CGI. The footage of Jedha get blown up with the planetā€™s surface turning into a tsunami of rock was impressive, and the final battle was brilliant. I thought the CGI for Tarkin was very poor and actually distracted from whatever the hell he was actually saying. They should have cast the guy who plyed Tywin Lannister in GOT, I doubt anyone would have said ā€œhey, thatā€™s not the guy who played Tarkin in ANH 40 years ago!ā€.

The scene at the end with Vader was great.

I liked the 70s moustaches. Nice touch.

Also, it was nice of the Empire to finally install safety rails for at least one workstation on the top of yet another dizzyingly high structure.

On a side note, did everyone else get the preview footage from ā€œDunkirkā€ before the movie, or was that just IMAX? Looked spectacular.

So much stuff in the current trailer on TV, that didnt make the final cut.

They totally reworked Scariff.

Makes me think that the characters might have been fleshed out a bit more on the original storyline, which meant I might have given more of a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about then being on a suicide mission.

More of thisā€¦

I enjoyed the characters and totally bought into them.

You've got to remember that Episode 1 starts straight after Rogue 1. Not sure what time period ANH runs over, let's say 2 weeks, so that's how long the Empire has to comb over a ship the size of a moon to find a 2foot wide hole. Not a lot of time I would've thought.

Yeah, but computersā€¦

You've got to remember that Episode 1 starts straight after Rogue 1. Not sure what time period ANH runs over, let's say 2 weeks, so that's how long the Empire has to comb over a ship the size of a moon to find a 2foot wide hole. Not a lot of time I would've thought.

Yeah, but computersā€¦

Pew, pew!

GUIs arenā€™t quite as advanced as propulsion and weapons systems in this galaxy far, far away.

GUIs aren't quite as advanced as propulsion and weapons systems in this galaxy far, far away.

Data storage advances also appear to be sadly lacking.

Yeah, but computersā€¦

Episode 4 you mean