Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

first half was amongst some of the most boring ■■■■ ive ever seen in star wars… second half was amongst some of the best action in the series

tale of two halves, overall its decent, but wouldn’t sit though the first half to see the second half again

I liked it. Disney is kicking at 100% so far imo.

Characters weren’t overly engaging, although they were OK, I just can’t remember any of their names.

Sorry though Ivan, I enjoyed TFA far more than this, but this was still a solid film and sits well ahead of those ghastly prequels.

If this is what watered-down Disney franchise Star Wars looks like, then I’m all in.

Go back and watch the trailers, half the stuff that was supposed to happen never did. Trailers looked epic. Movie was a bit Swiss cheesy for my liking.

Sorry though Ivan, I enjoyed TFA far more than this

Oh…oww

Extensive Ivan post coming in 4.3.2.1…

Go back and watch the trailers, half the stuff that was supposed to happen never did. Trailers looked epic. Movie was a bit Swiss cheesy for my liking.

I was not all that interested by the trailers, had me very unenthused to see it. I did like it though.

Tfa was on a hiding to nothing with me as soon as Poe gave the map to the droid. I immediately cracked the ■■■■■ and that was pretty much it.

Tfa was on a hiding to nothing with me as soon as Poe gave the map to the droid. I immediately cracked the ■■■■■ and that was pretty much it.

First time you’ve mentioned it…

I have avoided this thread like the plague. Finally, I just saw it. A fine film as a standalone, imo. Darker and bleaker, consistently so right to the end.

Cushing back from the dead was incredible. There’ll come a time when new movies will feature long deceased actors as a matter of course the way the tech is progressing.

I thought the script failed in a few spots, but overall was very solid.

the occasional glimpse of old characters was fun (though my ten year old son did ponder on how Walrus man and friend would have escaped Jedha to later appear on Tattooine).

Who was Organa referring too with the reference to sending for an old Jedi from the Clone Wars and “She has never let me down”? and why did we need to know that?

I thought i detected a slight change in Earl Jones voice for Vader, but maybe thats just new digital audio. Vader was brutal and brooding. I thought his screen time was just about right, given there wasn’t really a Jedi presence to counteract him and he could easily have undone the whole mission on his own. I’m very pleased they didnt pit Imwe against Vader. Bullet dodged.

The fate of Rogue 1 fitted with the likelihood of mission success and the dark tones (both in plot and in cinematography lighting and scenes) of the film. Leia’s finale offered some light to watchers, but it was a notably bitter end (for the Star Wars franchise) to kill off virtually all of the major character “good guys”. But as a ‘side story’, you can do that.

I like the film.

Who was Organa referring too with the reference to sending for an old Jedi from the Clone Wars and "She has never let me down"? and why did we need to know that?
I thought it was that they needed to get a message to the old Jedi, and they'd need someone they could trust to do it - so he was meaning he could trust Leia to get a message to Obi Wan - leading neatly to Leia's hologram message and the hidden plans on R2D2

Ahh, that’d make sense. I must have missed the shift in person referred to.

Who was Organa referring too with the reference to sending for an old Jedi from the Clone Wars and "She has never let me down"? and why did we need to know that?
I thought it was that they needed to get a message to the old Jedi, and they'd need someone they could trust to do it - so he was meaning he could trust Leia to get a message to Obi Wan - leading neatly to Leia's hologram message and the hidden plans on R2D2

Yep, that’s how I heard it too.

I detected a change in the Vader voice as well but i think it can be attributed to the fact that JEJ is significantly older and that his voice will have changed somewhat as a result.

I detected a change in the Vader voice as well but i think it can be attributed to the fact that JEJ is significantly older and that his voice will have changed somewhat as a result.

Disney should give the guy a bunch of money just to record a whole heap of different dialogue that they can use in future films if needed. The guy is getting pretty old now, and his voice is so iconic that they should use the oppurtunity to have a heap of stuff in the can.

How did they do Peter Cushing’s voice? Voice double?

Always weird when you know the end of the movie before the beginning but I enjoyed the side story. Probably didn’t need so much destruction but nice nevertheless.

The blind guy and his force chanting was annoying however.

Always weird when you know the end of the movie before the beginning but I enjoyed the side story. Probably didn't need so much destruction but nice nevertheless.

i agree, probably my biggest gripe with the movie was the whole I am one with the force, the force is with me. 1 or 2 times is fine. Saying it over and over again got pretty annoying

Always weird when you know the end of the movie before the beginning but I enjoyed the side story. Probably didn't need so much destruction but nice nevertheless.

i agree, probably my biggest gripe with the movie was the whole I am one with the force, the force is with me. 1 or 2 times is fine. Saying it over and over again got pretty annoying

My 7 year old thought that was the best bit, so it may not have been aimed at you and I…
As far as I’m concerned he was a direct ripoff of the blind monk from Marco Polo

DONNY YEN IS GOD

It annoyed me slightly first time I watched the movie, not at all the second time.

Joe should try it when kicking for goal.