Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

One thing I will say, don’t watch a close game with a remote control in your hands…

13 Likes

It was a clear kick yeah?

Which would be a mark as soon as he controls it.

Otherwise every guy that takes a mark and runs over the line would take the ball OOB.

Far out! If that’s your attempt at being too disappointed for words I’d hate to see it when you’ve got a bit to say on a subject.

6 Likes

Whatever it tacos

11 Likes

Wait I found a positive.

We lost in Sydney, but not because of the umpiring.

2 Likes

No it had already bounced when Kelly caught it I think, so no mark.

2 Likes

Absolutely ■■■■■■■ devastated at that, cannot get that last play out of my head.

Got the same feeling after 99 prelim, utter shock. So ■■■■■■ off.

Hope this is not the season done.

1 Like

I couldn’t even speak last night. But this morning I take some real positives out of it. We may have lost through some very poor play, but Sydney couldn’t go with us at all when we applied ourselves. This team is heading upward and it’s great to see it happening/developing. I feel like there’s a lot of 1992 about this season.

1 Like

I also want to say that the elbow from Parker to Bagley’s chin is a reportable hit and should be worth a week. If jumper pinches are no longer tolerated then that should be picked up. Mind you, elbows to the face have always been illegal.

1 Like

Had to go to bunnings and buy some plaster for the walls lol

3 Likes

It still hurts…

1 Like

I just watched the last minute again and il admit it, eyes got misty. That’s how much this hurts. Bar 99, this is the angriest and most hurt I’ve been after a game. Just so, so deflated. I’m trying to find the silver lining and I know we played good but not even the positives take away the hurt.

They needed two scores with 32 seconds to go. Unbelievable. Goddard kicks it long and we win

Footy is a cruel game

Must admit I nearly cried last night also. Absolutely devastated. From the pure elation of Hurley goal to the despair 5 minutes later.

1 Like

Those quick kicks are the worst for defenders. I feel sorry for Gleeson, it was not his fault at all. Rohan is a difficult match up.

Seriously Gleeson Is the worst player to have in a 1 on 1 in the square. Why did no one identify this

3 Likes

How was it not his fault? He was ragdolled like a bit of paper? Rohan is fast but he’s mediocre in the air, he’s no Franklin.

Show us the coffee table @westozziebomber !

4 Likes

It was really dewy, the surrounding parkland around Moore Park were pretty wet too. Sydney supporters were leaving in droves after Hurley kicked that goal. High 5s all around the game was done and dusted at that point

My right foot is still abit tender, think of Joe unleashing from 70m and that was me on a large stationery object.

5 Likes

I heard Mark Harvey on the radio before the match and he stated the ground has been watered and it was lucky that they were going to be wearing screw ins anyway.

So yes it was deliberate, and it sounds like it was expected also.

1 Like