Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

I meant it should have never gotten to that point. 55s to go we had the ball and were 6 points up, the whole team is too blame for letting it slip. Gleeson was just that poor bloke at the end. The reality is Rohan as a forward could ragdoll, but if Gleeson did it as a defender it probably would have been a free kick. Also it was not in the air per se, it was a quick mongrel kick forward. Most times the forward reacts first, and it probably allowed Rohan to catch Gleeson abit.

Just gonna drink again today until I forget.

The longest wait till brissy now. It’s gonna be horrific

1 Like

Lost opportunity with lots of poor mistakes by players fatiguing late in the game.
Will be heavily scrutinised during the week.
You hope players will learn from an extremely harsh lesson.
I think they will.
Time to move on to Brisbane and start building their percentage.
Might be hard to make finals but it’s such an even season, anything is possible.
Go Bombers!

I know McKenna might have dislocated his finger here. But if he had of just applied the smallest amount of pressure… Essendon win.

3 Likes

I think you need to take out your anger on a TV remote.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Should have kept Myers in the team

4 Likes

He’s out sized and the quick kick went on Rohan’s side.
Rohan isn’t exactly known for his marking but he’s a damn solid guy and very strong through the legs, no way was Marty pushing him off that.

I’m not a Gleeson fan but I can’t blame him for that. Where was the support for him? Those kicks almost always favour the attacker so he should have had help. Why were we even in that position in the first place?!

1 Like

You’re not serious

That’s the thing if any one of 6 things went differently we win.

2 Likes

The next frame.
Kennedy kicks it to the goal square. Then Sydney goal.

From a friend at the ground - apparently our cheer squad was singing the song after Hurleys goal. Absolute idiots if true.

1 Like

Well considering half our team acted like they were already in the club rooms celebrating a win, you can see why the supporters got confused!

1 Like

The players celebrated that goal like they had won.

You could see Goddard yelling at all of them ‘the jobs not done’.

2 Likes

They rip out we are Essendon in the first quarter.

1 Like

Didnt we all :frowning:

12 Likes

Why was Fantasia the only forward at the last centre bounce? Zerrett gets a quick kick forward, which was his only option and it goes to a 2 on 1 where Fantasia is the 1. If you are going to flood numbers back fine, but there should have been atleast a KPF up there too. Someone who can make a contest and bring the ball to ground, where Fantasia can pressure and allow the midfield to arrive. The way it eventuated was worse than Sydney winning the centre clearance and scrambling it forward.

2 Likes

1997 - Sydney 79 Essendon 78
2007 - Sydney 73 Essendon 74
2017 - Sydney 86 Essendon 85

Mark us down for an SCG 1 point win in 2027

12 Likes

Cmon. I took off my shirt and danced on the lounge

1 Like