Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

,.,. This editor is such a control freak.

I was so ■■■■■■ off with the world this morning, speechless. So I got up and shaved my beard and left a Charlie Chaplin/Hitler moustache and soul patch.

That kinda cheered me up a bit.

2 Likes

Put a suit on and spend the rest of the day telling everyone you’re your evil twin.

3 Likes

So Sydney thought they could get the edge by watering the ground?

Their players also got caught slipping over at inopportune moments.

How good is Kennedy though.

2 Likes

fark they got some lucky bounces and fluke kicks go to teammates in the last few minutes.
And as someone mentioned, the blatant push in the back to Belly at the ruck contest.

Top shelf.

What ■■■■■ me is stacking the backline and not leaving anyone up the ground to clear the ball to. Sure - it’s great to have numbers back but it means all we do is clear it from their forward 50 and then get ready to do it all over again.

1 Like

Is that a form of Stockholm Syndrome creeping in? I’m not sure if I’m there just yet.

True though, he was absolutely immense.

I couldnt believe it when i saw it. So dumb

That ball was always going to come back with interest

What, me worry?

The next Sydney win, in the finals, will be much sweeter.

Play an in-form Swine on their home ground (watered - just to make it even fairer).
Stuck to our guns in the second & third quarter when their pressure threatened to take the game away from us.
Got the rewards until 10 seconds to go.

For a team that’s learning to be a very good one that’s some sort of effort.
Yeah chuck a sook at errors in the last 4 minutes immediately after the game, but it was, on balance ,a heck of a performance.
It will / does burn, but when was the last time our players got to celebrate prematurely over the previous year’s Grand Finalists / anybody good? They’ll learn, and it’s not a final yet.

Some really good signs for a lot of the game.
The supposed midfield clogging didn’t stop us - we’ve worked out ways to counter that.
Our contested ball and clearances actually got better as the game went on.

Yes there are things to improve but if we’re going to drop any games let it be like this rather than the disjointed Richmond / Carlscum losses.

Hooker & Parish to return.
The Bears await

9 Likes

Until we can a deeper midfield we can forget about finals. Howlett and jobe just arent up to it… had he atleast hit the scoreboard from 35 out we could had a draw… Next year mcgrath can push into the midfield and maybe we can trade in a gun

1 Like

Why has no-one mentioned that they came angry, played unsociable football, got in our faces, and we didn’t really respond that well?

Would love to see us just go at a team like they did to us. There was a clear instruction to their side internally.

I’m curious as to whether there actually is an ‘official’ reason why we’ve played the Swans in Melbourne only 7 times out of the last 24 games dating back to 2000?

10 Likes

We didn’t respond well but we hardly flaked either. Stuck with them and came back at them in every quarter until the last.

1 Like

Seb Ross.

And this week is the worst week to drop a game. Port v Collingwood, cats v freo, dees v eagles, dogs v roos. Teams all around each other paying each other, a win last night would have been huge

1 Like

Im fairly confident we can win the next 5 games, our form is a bit patchy but the bursts we always seem to produce withing any games are scintillating and will get over most teams.
Consistency in clearances continues to be the achilles heal. I was there last night and it burnt pretty bad, Im not going to hold anyone responsible for this loss. There are always other things that combine. The weirdest 4 minutes of footy I have ever seen.

It could be. Now That I can see through my tears I can see he was immense. Just an absolute bull.