Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Correct the players looked completely lost out there like they had no idea what to do. Also looked very tentative like they didn’t wanna apply pressure and hoped the result would just sort itself out in their favour.
I think Terry Wallace might reassess his worst 5 mins of play he’d ever witnessed to this performance. Was worse than the rich v gc one of a few years back for incompetence.

The Mckenna one was bizarre with about 90 seconds to go, thought the ball went out of bounds and just let Kennedy kick the ball I50, resulting in the Newman goal?

No, he got his finger fkg dislocated.

Yeah that last clearance for them it was three swans to the ball drop first,18 of our blokes on the field, 30 seconds to go how does that happen?

Freaky last 4 minutes, midfield disappeared.

ROFL

There’s also coming off the bye to consider here, it normally doesn’t do you the favour you’d think it might.

“Australian football is a brutal game. Week after week, players manage to run well over 10 kilometres in a match, much of it at a rapid clip, laying and enduring fierce tackles as they go. Their weeks are defined by recovery, immersing themselves in ice and enduring endless physio. You’d think, given all that, that teams would perform better after they’ve had a week off. But that doesn’t seem to be the case; indeed, the data suggests that teams coming off the bye tend to lose more often than they win.”

2 Likes

If u look at it he is handballing to McKenna, unfortunately Bobcat wasnt aware that he was having a timeout with his finger

No, I’m still not Ok!!!

We should be 7th at the end of this round.

St Kilda beat GC and we will be 12th.

1 Like

I can imagine getting to the last round and needing to win and about 6 other results going our way to make the 8.

3 Likes

I wasn’t feeling too bad immediately after the game. But it does make me annoyed to see Melbourne go to Perth and do exactly what we should have done, but didn’t, in Sydney.

4 Likes

Yep, that and Daniher’s equally stupid farking kick…

2 Likes

And losing by eleven goals

1 Like

I think Dodga is referring to Sydney’s second last goal where Howlett was tackled and it seemed there would be a ball up. McKenna appeared to pull up but the ball spilled out to his opponent who hadn’t stopped and he took the ball and kicked it to Newman who scored.

In McKenna’s defence I thought he may have dislocated a finger and that may have been why he stopped but I’m not sure.

1 Like

We’re Aisle 27 so we’ll keep a look out if things don’t go as hoped!

The war room.

In the still shot highlighting the clear push in the back to Bellchambers, James Kelly is in front of and ‘under’ Bellchambers with no opponent in sight. All trying to do their bit but absolutely no clear plan, just chaos. Extremely poor coaching that all of the individual acts with positive intent which have been highlighted in that last 2 minutes had no clear team plan to them.

No offence but i trust Kellys judgemnet far more than yours in the heat of battle

With hindsight we could all be 300 game multiple premiership players

9 Likes

Exactly my point. Kelly may have worked out with Bellchambers that he would drop the ball at Kelly’s feet and hold it in. That’s a plan and perfectly positive intent but did someone pick up Kelly’s opponent? Clearly the Swans cleared the ball to devastating effect for Bombers.

1 Like

Agree but given how Scott Thompson and Selwood both fined for elbowing people in the head I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I was initially amazed it wasn’t a free kick given that the umpire was metres away and watching it. Then I remembered that we were playing in Sydney.

1 Like

Calm down Satan

1 Like