Sydney def Essendon: Do you want to talk about it?

Go support the swans Diggers.

FWIW i didnt think the Gleeson one was a free when watching live, just devasted Gleeson was out bodied.
and didnt notice the bellchambers one in real time either.

1 Like

Is it next round yet…

1 Like

Not a free to Gleeson for me, just good bodywork. I would absolutely guarantee though that if the roles were reversed they would of received a free

3 Likes

Who else makes the decision but the umpire? Tell you what though, if you’d rather the maggot stays out of it, hold your ground and get a fist on the ball.

You reckon I should fit in or f*ck off?

Wait… you managed to keep your eyes open. Impressive.

It’s hard to believe that a thread about a 1 point, after-the-siren loss in which we conceded a 19 point lead in the last three minutes would be more painful than the loss itself, but here we are.

2 Likes

Honestly sick of hearing the phrase “we will learn from this loss” or “there’s many positives to take out of that loss”

It feels like we’ve been fed the same old ■■■■ since 2005.

5 Likes

I’m not going to make the more emotive analogy here, but you’re victim blaming.

Free kick was warranted. If you’re allowed to wrap your arms around a defender and throw them out of the way, then I can kick 10 goals in an AFL match.

its great to have a different point of view. you have kept this thread hot today.

1 Like

As a supporter of the potters I take huge offence at that…in the pullis days maybe but not under sparky…we have needed the Wimbledon long ball at the kick in me thinks!

Its not called a cold rainy tuesday at stoke for nothing mate.

If you’re kicking to TIPPA or Green for the contested mark, you’re doing it wrong.

2 Likes

I did. BT went ape. I get that control is very important for football clubs but ‘Roaming Brian’ is pretty harmless. The Swans didn’t look good by trying to control how the post game interviews were to be held and good on BT and C7 for refusing to play the game. Sydney’s sponsors miss out of some pretty expensive airtime and Sydney supporters miss out on hearing from the players right after an amazing win.

I agree. The Davey years as CHF are still fresh in my memory. It did work against port a fortnight earlier. Just trying to understand the madness.

Apart from losing 4 points, a great game. And one we we dumb to lose. I hope that stings like hell.
But, I agree with Worsfold, Swans form team in comp, and well, we just got pipped. Which is a great sign, and yes it will hurt and maybe drive boys to really put foot down.
BJ’s poor choice at end, lack of spread when Joey marked.
IF we make finals I predict a prelim appearance. Beyond that it is unknown.Bullies showed that no needed to get into top 4. Think our game with Crows towards end of year will define season, assuming we are still alive then. We have beaten Cats, Port, Eagles, close to GWS and tigers, in contention.
I felt optimistic after game,

1 Like

Someone said after Port game that when Raz and Tippa play well it makes everyone else better - ie, shut them down and we lose. Raz missed 3-4 normally bankable shots early, Tippa blocked.
Buddy missed heaps too.
If we had kicked straight like earlier in season we win by 5-6 goals, but maybe the over watered ground kicked in, both teams missing easy shots.
We lost by not taking our chances.

On the bodywork thing. For the vast majority of Australian football’s history “bodywork” didn’t involve hands. Just another interpretation that they f*cked up to suit a few media darlings.

1 Like

Had a couple of days off Blitz courtesy of the mods!!! Still ■■■■■■ about the result.

2 Likes

Watched the last 2mins again.
WHAT a complete clusterf*ck !

Could we have done more wrong, or Sydney more right ?
Just a perfect storm to produce that result on Fri night.

1 Like